4 Replies Latest reply on Apr 3, 2011 11:35 PM by new_adobeman

POWERPOINT AND MASTER SLIDES

new_adobeman

Hi all,

the problem I am experiencing is that when I important a powerpoint presentation the slides don't show the powerpoint slides. Instead I experience the masterslide overlayed ontop of the slide, despite have the box ticked for background (regarding the masterslide).

Any help would be appreciated

• 1. Re: POWERPOINT AND MASTER SLIDES
          Lilybiri MVP & Adobe Community Professional

Hello and welcome to the forum,

If you import powerpoint slides, each ppt-slide will be turned into a FMR (Full Motion Recording) object blended into the background of the slide.

Could you explain what you want by applying a master slide to such imported PPT-slides? You have the option to have Master Slide Objects on Top, did you try if that is achieving what you want?

Lilybiri

• 2. Re: POWERPOINT AND MASTER SLIDES
            new_adobeman Level 1

Thanks for your fast reply!

I wanted to overlay my company banner onto the powerpoint slide.

But I am guessing due to the format, it may be easier to simply overlay the banners individually on each powerpoint slide?

• 3. Re: POWERPOINT AND MASTER SLIDES
              Lilybiri MVP & Adobe Community Professional

Hello,

I just tried it out: imported PPT-slides, inserted a text caption (can also be an image) on the master slide without merging it into the background. I applied this master slide to all slides with the setting you can see in the screenshot and I got the text caption displayed on all slides. You can see here that the background of the slide is a SWF, the video recording of the parallel PPT-slide. What was your workflow?

If you want a more complex work flow, that allows you not to bother about the banner covering up something from the PPT-slides, check out my blog post thaat was explaining the workflow for captured slides, but can be applied to PPT-slides as well:

Creating and using a Knockout Master slide

Lilybiri

BannerMS.jpg

• 4. Re: POWERPOINT AND MASTER SLIDES
                new_adobeman Level 1

Thanks Lilybiri!!

After reading your post about a knockout masterslide it worked.

I was previously using "Paint.Net" to create what I thought was "transparent pixels" and infact they were not! I purchased photoshop, and like magic it worked perfectly!