5 Replies Latest reply on Apr 6, 2011 5:12 AM by Steve Grisetti

PE9 Render stops halfway through

Spwrestla1

Hello, I am having problems when rendering a video preview. This started happening in a previous project, and has carried over to other projects. When rendering, it stops at halfway through the clip, i.e. If there is 100 frames to be rendered, it stops at 50.

I have played around with all the render settings, checking and unchecking boxes etc., to no avail.

Also I am sure this is not a source format/project format problem as this happens with all of my projects, no matter the source of the files.

There was a time where this did not happen, so computer specs shouldn't be a problem.

As always, help would be greatly appreciated.

• 1. Re: PE9 Render stops halfway through
          Steve Grisetti Adobe Community Professional

If there was a time that this didn't happen but now it happens all the time, indications are that it very much IS a system resoruce problem.

How much free, freshly defragmented space is on your C drive? You'll need at least 20-30. You should also ensure that it is tmp and spyware free, per my maintenance regiment in the FAQs:

http://forums.adobe.com/thread/390602?tstart=30

Also, if you are editing to a second or external hard drive, ensure that it is formatted NTFS (and not FAT32, as they come from the factory) and that it is defragmented and has at least 100 gigabytes of free space.

Finally, ensure that the Work Area Bar along the top of your timeline is over your entire project and not merely over a small segment of it.

It may also be helpful to post a screen capture of your timeline so that we can have a look.

• 2. Re: PE9 Render stops halfway through
            Spwrestla1 Level 1

Untitled.jpg

The elapsed time and the time remaining both freeze, and the rendering stops midway through the first clip.

I did all of the spyware adware, speed up your computer stuff, which did speed up my computer, thanks! But the problem still presists. And I am editing to an internal hard drive, and the C drive has 82 GB free.

• 3. Re: PE9 Render stops halfway through

What model of camcorder did this video come from and how did you get it into your computer? It's not video from a still camera, is it?

What project settings did you select when you set up your Premiere Elements project?

Have you ensured you have the latest version of Quicktime from Apple.com?

• 4. Re: PE9 Render stops halfway through
                Spwrestla1 Level 1

They are exclusively clips from the internet, and I am pretty sure I chose 1080i project settings. However, even when I was sure the clips matched up with the project settings in other projects, this happened as well.

And yes, I did download the latest quicktime.

• 5. Re: PE9 Render stops halfway through

I'd expect that the problem is your source video and  mismatched project settings.

Without specific information, it's difficult to be more specific than that.

If you download a free program called G-spot, it will give you more information about the video files, and from there we can decide if the program will be able to work with them at all or if you'll need to convert them to a more traditional video format first.

http://www.headbands.com/gspot/

Rather than try to interpret the G-spot information yourself, you should do a screen capture of the G-spot info screen, save it as a JPEG and attach it to your next post.