5 Replies Latest reply on Jun 10, 2007 8:48 PM by Newsgroup_User

Adobe splash screen

Sketch24 Level 1
      Hi I was wondering if there any way to do a splash screen similar to the adobe application splash screen.
      Loading files etc... smaller than the application stage no menu or title bar... I manage to do the splash with a bmp file on the beginning of director score and scale the stage with .rect function but there must be a better like an xtra.

thanx.
        • 1. Re: Adobe splash screen
          Level 7
          If you place a bitmap file with the same name as your projector in the
          same directory it will be displayed. For example, if your projector is
          "projector.exe" then a Windows-bitmap file named "projector.bmp" will be
          automatically used as a splash-screen.
          • 2. Re: Adobe splash screen
            Sketch24 Level 1
            I already know that but what I mean is that I want a more advanced splash screen like when you open photoshop that display a loading etc...
            • 3. Re: Adobe splash screen
              Level 7
              > I already know that

...and didn't say so:

> but what I mean is that I want a more advanced splash screen like when you open photoshop that display a loading etc...

Then you'll have to use a Director file as a "pre-loader" and use it to
              display animated information. But doing so is non-trivial and begs the
              question "why" - are you not already using a slim stub projector?
              • 4. Re: Adobe splash screen
                Opera Rat
                I am about to (or not) do the same thing. My program is large and takes a bit of time to load (it has to run from the CD-ROM). I don't know if the delay that occurs after inserting the CD is the same length for any program (spinning up and all).

If a quick animated splash screen will pop up sooner then is what has to happen something like - queue the movie I want - when queued then play it? And am I to understand that If I just put some .bmp in the same directory with the same name as my program, than that would automatically (without me doing anything) show as my program loads? How would you do this for a Mac (but working only on a windows machine)?
                • 5. Re: Adobe splash screen
                  Level 7
                  > am I to understand that If I just put some .bmp in the same directory with the
                  > same name as my program, than that would automatically (without me doing
                  > anything) show as my program loads? How would you do this for a Mac (but
                  > working only on a windows machine)?

For a Mac it needs to be a pct file, not a bmp, but again with the same
                  name as the projector (ignoring the extension difference)