6 Replies Latest reply on Apr 4, 2011 9:13 AM by breadmanorange@yahoo.com

Browse Sequence Editor

breadmanorange@yahoo.com

I am building a WebHelp tool in RoboHelp 8 for Windows. I have no idea which browsers my users will

employ, but we have decided NOT to go with a CHM solution for a variety of technical reasons. So we will deliver a folder of htm topics to

a server-based location and provide each user with a link to the index file.

According to everything I have read, I should be able to create browse sequences for my users to follow, but I don't see how it works. When I was building CHM files, it worked great for me, except it seemed to require that I install a special file on each user's PC, which was unfeasible to do.

In my single-source layout pod, I select WebHelp and on the second screen make sure that Browse Sequence is selected in the Additional Options region. Under the Tools menu in RoboHelp, I have created half a dozen sequences.

When I generate the webhelp file and open it in Internet Explorer, though, I don't see anything resembling a browse sequence.

So what have I done wrong? Or are browse sequences not supported in WebHelp?

Thanks.