0 Replies Latest reply on Apr 4, 2011 1:47 PM by arkkivoltti

How to make htm-file for simple toolbar command?

arkkivoltti

Hi

I am actually tryin to make my own toolbar with commands for Adobe Contribute CS5. A very nice companion for DW sites for endusers to edit the site.

Creatin toolbars for Contribute and Dreamweaver is the same thats why writig here.

I have managed to make a toolbar and managed to copy existing commands, like browsing backward and browsing forward, in it, but I have not been able to make my own commands  because I have not been able to figure out how to write the correct javascript into the header of the htm-file.

I have a set of small predefined html-tables, 15 of them, that user can copypaste into his template generated page, when editing, in order to have some layout order without knowing much of editing with Contribute editor.

Now, I desperately want to have 15 descriptive buttons in my own toolbar appear when in editing mode. User can choose and click the one he needs, a title1-unit, a title2 unit, a 1-column text unit, 2-column text unit etc. The correctly formatted table enhanced with css-properties appear there where the cursor was positioned. No more copying from one page and pasting to another - much much better this way!

All I need is htm-file for each of those 15 units. I have not been able to find an example that I could modify.

Can anyone help. A button (a command) klicked on a toolbar should position the htmltable there where the cursor is - nothing else.

Htm-files should be positioned here, I think:

C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Contribute CS5\App\Configuration\Toolbars\MM

Or is C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Contribute CS5\App\Configuration\Objects\ better?

Eagerly waiting an answer,

Kari

Here is an example of a 1-column unit. All 15 of my units are like this.

<table border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" class="unit1 spacebelow" name="text_1col">
           <tr>
                <td class="txttd unit_pad1_left unit_pad1_right bkgr_check3">
                     <p>Text here</p>
                </td>
                </tr>
      </table>