1 Reply Latest reply on Apr 5, 2011 4:48 PM by robdillon

My Swf is not playing correctly in my document?

johnny860 Level 1

I have a flash website I am working on. On a seperate flash document I created a nice picture slideshow for my website where you can click on the image and it will take you to the next availible image. Then at the end on the last picture you click on the picture and it takes you back to the first one. I tested as an SWF in flash and in safari for Mac and it all worked fine and loaded but when I open up the document that contains my website and website files and I import the SWF slideshow to my timeline on a seperate layer the slide show is not working properly. I will go to test my document and what happens is all the images begin playing really fast showing them one after another so fast it's hard to keep up. So now I can no longer click to get to the next image.

I did use action script 3.0 to make the slideshow but it was strange because it works when it is on a seperate document but on my flash site it starts to act up. Why is this and what can be done to fix this?

I do have some coding in my flash website so that a button I have created can stop and play a music file I have added. Also in my flash website main timeline I have created a picture of me that fades in when the website loads. At the end of the timeline I have added a ()stop; command so it can stop the picture of me from looping and fading in again.

• 1. Re: My Swf is not playing correctly in my document?
          robdillon Most Valuable Participant

Without actually seeing the movie(s) its difficult to tell what is wrong, but my first guess from your description is that you have a reference to some absolute location in the slide show movie. For instance root, or _root, is not the base level of the slide show movie once it is loaded into the other movie. If this is the case, then you should change those references to relative references like parent or _parent.