0 Replies Latest reply on Apr 5, 2011 2:09 PM by nicoboss76

APPLESCRIPT dropdown with "enabling group" option

nicoboss76 Level 1

Hi all,

I am looking for some help:

I created a menu consisting of a choice of 5 items. The 5th item is labeled "other"

This drop down menu has what I call "item1" selected by default.

I'd like to find a way to program a greyed out Text Box that becomes enabled when (and only when) the item "other is selected from the drop down menu.

Any hint?

I have tried many things and it looks like the "enable" option only works with a check/unchek button that actually appears by default when I type in the following:

set myPublicationList to {"ELLE", "VOGUE", "GLAMOUR", "VANITY FAIR", "W", "other"}

set myDialogColumn to make dialog column
                      tell myDialogColumn
                          set myDocumentPublicationsOptions to make dropdown with properties ¬
                              {string list:myPublicationList, selected index:0}
                          set myCropMarksGroup to make enabling group with properties {static label:"Crop Marks", checked state:true}
                          tell myCropMarksGroup
                              set myPublicationDatatext to make text editbox with properties {min width:130}
                          end tell
                      end tell

The back story is that I am creating a custom-made slugging machine – we use many standard publications that I am listing above, but want to leave room for a custome state where we can enter any publication that is not listed.

Any help is much appreciated!

Hope this is possible!

Nicoboss