1 Reply Latest reply on Apr 5, 2011 10:12 PM by mytaxsite.co.uk

Customize scrollbar?

MayerReed

I created a DIV tag in my html page that is set to show a scrollbar if the text overruns the box area. I was wondering if it is possible to customize the appearance of that scrollbar?  I notice there are several scrollbar-related properties in the list of CSS commands that comes up when I click on 'Add Property" in the CSS panel, but can't find any documentation that says what they do, and when I tried experimenting with them, I could see no changes to my scrollbars.

• 1. Re: Customize scrollbar?
          mytaxsite.co.uk Level 6

The main properties you need to know are as follows:

visible     --- The overflow is not clipped. It renders outside the element's box. This is default

hidden     --- The overflow is clipped, and the rest of the content will be invisible

scroll     --- The overflow is clipped, but a scroll-bar is added to see the rest of the content

auto     --- If overflow is clipped, a scroll-bar should be added to see the rest of the content

inherit     --- Specifies that the value of the overflow property should be inherited from the parent element

And your css code may look something like this:

.my_box
          {
          width:200px;
          height:200px;
          overflow:scroll;
          }

Hope this gives you a start.