2 Replies Latest reply on Apr 6, 2011 12:15 PM by miguel8312

split the arraycollection based on value

miguel8312 Level 3

hi guys I'm hoping to get an idea on how to do this efficiently. I have an arraycollection whish is getting populated from a webservice. I would like to test one field in the array collection for either positive or negative. When its negative i want to add it to a different field of the addarraycollection any ideas

here is what i have so far.

private function GetGrantDetailResult(event:ResultEvent):void
                  {

for each(var item:Object in event.result as ArrayCollection)    
                  {
                      GrantDetailArray.addItem({"fgbtrnd_doc_code":       item.fgbtrnd_doc_code,
                                                "fgbtrnd_Activity_date":  item.fgbtrnd_Activity_date,
                                                "fgbtrnd_acct_Code":        item.fgbtrnd_acct_Code,
                                                "fgbtrnd_trans_desc":        item.fgbtrnd_trans_desc,
                                                "fgbtrnd_trans_amt":        item.fgbtrnd_trans_amt,
                                                "total"    :                item.total 
                                                  })

}    

GrantsDetailGrid.dataProvider = GrantDetailArray;

}

what i like to do is like put a conditional statement within the add item method to essestially add the negative to say "fgbtrnd_trans_neg_amt""

any ideas suggestion would be greatly appreciated.

Miguel

• 1. Re: split the arraycollection based on value
          miguel8312 Level 3

phsudo code

of what i like to do.

{
                          GrantDetailArray.addItem({"fgbtrnd_doc_code":       item.fgbtrnd_doc_code,
                                                    if(item.fgbtrnd_trans_amt > 0){"fgbtrnd_trans_amt":item.fgbtrnd_trans_amt,}
                                                    else {"fgbtrnd_trans_neg_amt":        item.fgbtrnd_trans_amt},
                                                      })

• 2. Re: split the arraycollection based on value
            miguel8312 Level 3

i found the answer via another thought.

{

if (item.fgbtrnd_trans_amt > 0)    

{

GrantDetailArray.addItem({"fgbtrnd_doc_code":            item.fgbtrnd_doc_code,
                                                      "fgbtrnd_trans_amt":        item.fgbtrnd_trans_amt,
                                                        })
                        }    

if(item.fgbtrnd_trans_amt < 0)

GrantDetailArray.addItem({"fgbtrnd_doc_code":      item.fgbtrnd_doc_code,
                                                  "fgbtrnd_Activity_date":     item.fgbtrnd_Activity_date,
                                                  "fgbtrnd_acct_Code":           item.fgbtrnd_acct_Code,
                                                  "fgbtrnd_trans_desc":           item.fgbtrnd_trans_desc,
                                                  "fgbtrnd_trans_neg_amt":       item.fgbtrnd_trans_amt,
                                                  "total"    :                   item.total 
                            })

}    

GrantsDetailGrid.dataProvider = GrantDetailArray;

}