2 Replies Latest reply on Apr 7, 2011 4:49 PM by DavidHonaker

Spry 2 Menu in DW CS5

DavidHonaker Level 1

There are two questions for the Spry Menu 2 version.

1)  Do I have to make all menu title and link changes in code?  With the regular Spry menu that comes with DW CS5 you can make the changes, and add links to menu items, in the "Design > Properties" window.  I would sure like to be able to do that, rather than go to the strictly "code" view and work in there.

2)  With the Spry 2 menu at the top ( see www.Aloe-Vera.org/test.htm ) I am unable to go into "Design" view for the page to make changes in the content of the page itself.

Are there any fixes so that I can view and edit the rest of the page in DW CS5 "Design" view?

Thanks, David

• 1. Re: Spry 2 Menu in DW CS5
          Ben M Adobe Community Professional

DavidHonaker wrote:

There are two questions for the Spry Menu 2 version.

1)  Do I have to make all menu title and link changes in code?  With the regular Spry menu that comes with DW CS5 you can make the changes, and add links to menu items, in the "Design > Properties" window.  I would sure like to be able to do that, rather than go to the strictly "code" view and work in there.

2)  With the Spry 2 menu at the top ( see www.Aloe-Vera.org/test.htm ) I am unable to go into "Design" view for the page to make changes in the content of the page itself.

Are there any fixes so that I can view and edit the rest of the page in DW CS5 "Design" view?

Thanks, David

1.  It is true you cannot use the Properties window.  You can use the code view or the Widget Browser to make edits.  The Widget Browser has a GUI if you feel more comfortable with that.

2.  You should be able to make some changes in Design View, but unfortunately the GUI and clean layout in Design View is gone.  Best suggestion I can give you here is to file a bug report/feature request: https://www.adobe.com/cfusion/mmform/index.cfm?name=wishform .  I have before with this because I agree it helps newer users and compared to commercial alternatives like those from Project Seven it falls short everytime.

• 2. Re: Spry 2 Menu in DW CS5
            DavidHonaker Level 1

Thanks SnakEye - I just filled out the request. - David