1 Reply Latest reply on Apr 6, 2011 2:18 PM by Thongrrrl14

Nesting Sequences (Audio Tracks Problem)

Thongrrrl14 Level 1

I am trying to use Premiere to make a rough (rough!) edit of some audio. There is no video yet.*

I made a handful of sequences in Premiere, all of which consist of edited audio clips.

Now I have created a new big sequence, and I want to nest the audio sequences in this new big sequence. (I only want to bring in the audio, if I can do this easily.)

When I drag the sequences into the new big sequence, it keeps dumping the audio on Track 9, which didn't exist before.

How tough will it be to put the audio of the nested sequences on Track 1?

*Animations will be made later in After Effects and added to the timeline to go with the audio. Until then, there's no video.

• 1. Re: Nesting Sequences (Audio Tracks Problem)
          Harm Millaard Level 7

Your sequence setup is messing things up. Audio tracks are either mono, stereo or 5.1. If you have only stereo tracks (indicated by the two speaker icon at the left side of the track), they can not be placed in a mono or 5.1 track. If a stereo track is missing, one will be created for you. Same with the other formats. There is nothing wrong with a 9-th audio track, but you can delete the empty tracks above it easily to move your audio track to the first track.

Basically, you need to adjust your sequence settings.