1 Reply Latest reply on Apr 8, 2011 12:17 AM by MGillSDL

How to Get Tutorial Scripts to Work?

MGillSDL

I'm trying to start scripting for InDesign CS5. I downloaded the SDK and tried to work my way through the scripting tutorial.

Initially absolutly no script would run, and I kept getting failed to create InDesign.Application. Turns out that none of the InDesign COM libs were registered. I tried manually regstring the "resources for scripting.tlb" but that did nothing. I finally uninstalled InDesign and re-installed it.

I can now run the HelloWorld.vbs tutorial script if I run it from explorer. If I try to run it from the scripts panel indesign just beeps at me and does nothing.

If I try to run the other two example scripts in the tutorial (from explorer) they both fail with error mesages (see below).

How do I get the VBScripts running from inside InDesign? And how do I get them running without errors?

I tried running the JavaScript examples and they work. Unfortunatly, in need to use VBScript.

I'm running:

InDesign CS5 7.0 (trial, 28 days remain)

Windows 7 (x64)

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Errors:

ImprovedHelloWorld.vbs:

---------------------------
      Windows Script Host
      Script: C:\Program Files (x86)\Adobe\Adobe InDesign CS5\Scripts\Scripts Panel\ImprovedHelloWorld.vbs
      Line: 30
      Char: 2
      Error: Object required: 'idPageSideOptions'
      Code: 800A01A8
      Source:  Microsoft VBScript runtime error

OK  

DocumentConstruction.vbs:

Windows Script Host
      Script: C:\Program Files (x86)\Adobe\Adobe InDesign CS5\Scripts\Scripts Panel\DocumentConstruction.vbs
      Line: 10
      Char: 1
      Error: Object required: 'idMeasurementUnits'
      Code: 800A01A8
      Source:  Microsoft VBScript runtime error

OK