Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

windows startup repair is deleting .as Action Script files

Apr 07, 2011 Apr 07, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Windows (in my case Windows 7) has a tool called startup repair that runs if windows can't be booted anymore. It will use the files from the latest restore point to get the system again into a working state. According to the docs, this procedure does not touch any user files, documents and so on.

After my experience what it does is removing any exe files, dlls, drivers and the like that got added to the system since the last system restore point.

however - there's an exception to that - it also removes .AS files. This made me once loos two full days of work and ever since i pay very good attention on always subversioning all .as files

I'd like to know whether anyone of you already encountered this problem and maybe knows why exactly .as files are affected?

TOPICS
ActionScript

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Apr 19, 2012 Apr 19, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had this problem with Windows7 system restore. One more reason to backup source files

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 20, 2012 Apr 20, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

i've run startup repair several times and not had a problem.  i keep all my documents an a non-OS partition.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines