1 Reply Latest reply on Apr 14, 2011 7:26 AM by OZDD

New to flex, need some help

DanR1245

Hello, I am a new user of Flex 4 and have recently gone thru the training courses available here (Flex in a week).  I have been tasked with moving some of our firm's webpages that use jsp and spring to connect to a mysql database to a flex frontend. 

I've been looking over the BlazeDS tutorial (http://www.adobe.com/devnet/flex/articles/spring_blazeds_testdrive.html) and it seems rather helpful, but I could use some help in how to make a connection to a mysql database on an external server-- where does the connection info go, user name, password, etc. 

In a nutshell, the application I am to design would need to be able to go out to a database to first verify user credentials, then to upload csv files and store the data into a database, and finally allow users to retrieve the data in datagirds and display in basic bar charts.  Thanks to the training, I have a good understanding on using the datagrid, but the connecting to an external database is where I'm having trouble. 

Also, I have seen a flex webpage where data is displayed in a chart and the user can export the chart as a jpg or export the input data to a csv file.  Is anyone familiar with this capability?

Thanks for your help-- I am excited to learn all there is to know about Flex!