2 Replies Latest reply on Apr 7, 2011 10:53 PM by Dave Alger

AIR for TV Dev Kit stuck on 2.5?

Dave Alger Level 1

Is it possible to upgrade the AIR for TV dev kits given away at MAX 2010?

In general, I'm not finding a whole lot on building AIR applications for TV.  I do see emulated tv remote control buttons when adding this application descriptor tag to a Flex 4.5 project

<supportedProfiles>tv</supportedProfiles>

Once I compile my application for release as an .airi file it installs on the dev kit but the app instantly halts without doing what it does in the desktop emulated debugger.

I think I need to update the dev kit with AIR 2.6 but not sure how to do that or if it is even possible?

I guess I will try and put an AIR 2.5 sdk on my laptop or something and try to build it that way for now...

• 1. Re: AIR for TV Dev Kit stuck on 2.5?
          Dave Alger Level 1

I found this in my notes so I thought I'd post it here in case someone else is searching for this...

UPGRADE THE AIR FOR TV SYSTEM SOFTWARE ON THE ADOBE AIR FOR TV MAX 2010 HARDWARE DEVICE

You'll need to obtain and install the latest version of Adobe AIR for TV system software so you can be sure your development is based on the most up to date technology from Adobe

The latest version of Adobe AIR for TV system software is available from http://www.adobe.com/go/airtvinstaller

Adobe may regularly update the software at either this location or at http://prerelease.adobe.com

If you wish to receive email notifications of Adobe AIR for TV system software updates, send an email to airtvprerelease@adobe.com

1. Download the file with a name similar to 'stagecraft--2.5.0.1804.20100928--bcm--max2010--release--installer.bin' from http://www.adobe.com/go/airtvinstaller to your computer. The name of the Adobe AIR for TV software installer file will likely be slightly different from the one shown here, since it will contain the current version number. Once it has downloaded, rename the file 'installer.bin' NOTE: You may want to save an extra copy of the new AIR for TV system software file before you rename it.
          2. Place the file 'installer.bin' at the root of a USB flash drive.  NOTE: The Adobe MAX 2010 AIR for TV Development Kit does not include a USB flash drive, so you will need to provide your own.
          3. Turn off the Adobe AIR for TV unit using the switch on the surge protector.
          4. Insert the USB flash drive into the USB port on the back of the Adobe AIR for TV unit.
          5. Turn the unit back on using the switch on the surge protector and wait a moment or two.  The system software will automatically install from the USB flash drive to the AIR for TV unit.  When it is complete, your TV screen should display the Adobe AIR splash screen followed by a welcome note that instructs you to take the USB flash drive out of the AIR for TV device.
          6. Turn off the unit and remove the USB flash drive.
          7. Turn the unit back on.  In a moment, you will see the Adobe AIR for TV splash screen followed by the App Launcher.  Use the unit's remote control to navigate to the DevMaster application and open it.  You will see the AIR for TV version number, which should be the same as the version number in the AIR for TV installer file you downloaded in Step 1.  This will confirm that you are now running the latest version of Adobe AIR for TV system software.  You can also find the version number in the About AIR for TV tab of the App Market.  You're now ready to run AIR applications on AIR for TV.
          • 2. Re: AIR for TV Dev Kit stuck on 2.5?
            Dave Alger Level 1

still looking for the right installer.bin

the links and email provided at MAX are no longer valid so please respond if you know where to get these

thanks