Is there someway I can simple select all the levels and move the objects on the screen together with out linking all the move tracks and wiping the animation that is already there?
No, there's no easy way to do this. At first I thought you were asking to "temporally" link clips--that is, in time--but I think you're asking to "temporarily" link clips.
Here are a couple options:
- If your clips already have the same relative positioning, e.g. their Position parameters are the same, you could modify one clip, copy the Motion effect, and select all other clips and paste it.
- If your clips have different positioning, you could nest those clips into a new sequence, and reposition the nest; just select them, right-click, and select Nest. Then, modify the Position like any other clip.
- You could use the Transform effect; apply it to one of your clips, adjust it to reposition, and then copy and paste it to the remainder of the clips. Note that this effect isn't GPU accelerated, but depending on the nature of your footage, it might playback in realtime anyway.
Hope that helps a bit...
1. In the timeline select all the clips you wish to move together;
2. Right click and click on "Group".
3. The selected clips become a group and you can move them together.
You can then "ungroup" them is you wish.
That's not what's being asked; the OP wants to move the position of the images in the Program Monitor.