3 Replies Latest reply on Apr 8, 2011 8:49 AM by cvid01

How to temporally link layers in prem cs5?

abUSER23 Level 1

Hi

I have a complicated project and for various reasons the producer has asked me to drop in a extra gfx making my framing all off.. so I need to simple move a section of the project to the left, but I need to move near 20 layers and have them all move in relation to each other.

Is there someway I can simple select all the levels and move the objects on the screen together with out linking all the move tracks and wiping the animation that is already there?

An example would be in photoshop you can shift select layers to multi select then the move tool will move all of them at once... but even with the layers selected in the timeline the move tool dose not seam to move all at once

Thanks in Advance
      -Me

• 1. Re: How to temporally link layers in prem cs5?
          Colin Brougham Level 6

Is there someway I can simple select all the levels and move the objects on the screen together with out linking all the move tracks and wiping the animation that is already there?

No, there's no easy way to do this. At first I thought you were asking to "temporally" link clips--that is, in time--but I think you're asking to "temporarily" link clips.

Here are a couple options:

1. If your clips already have the same relative positioning, e.g. their Position parameters are the same, you could modify one clip, copy the Motion effect, and select all other clips and paste it.
          2. If your clips have different positioning, you could nest those clips into a new sequence, and reposition the nest; just select them, right-click, and select Nest. Then, modify the Position like any other clip.
          3. You could use the Transform effect; apply it to one of your clips, adjust it to reposition, and then copy and paste it to the remainder of the clips. Note that this effect isn't GPU accelerated, but depending on the nature of your footage, it might playback in realtime anyway.

Hope that helps a bit...

• 2. Re: How to temporally link layers in prem cs5?
            cvid01 Level 4

1. In the timeline select all the clips you wish to move together;

2. Right click and click on "Group".

3. The selected clips become a group and you can move them together.

You can then "ungroup" them is you wish.

• 3. Re: How to temporally link layers in prem cs5?
              Colin Brougham Level 6

That's not what's being asked; the OP wants to move the position of the images in the Program Monitor.