I am importing an AVI video that is about 2GB in size. These are my problems:
- AE is moving really slow: moving the timeline causes it to go into Not Responding mode
- audio wavefrom does not move if I move the video along the timeline, or it takes a minute to catch up
- audio waveform sometimes completely disappears
- is it possible that the size of the AVI is to blame? It shouldn't in my opinion, it's only 2GB!
- could the AVI format be causing the problem - should I convert it to MOV?
"AVI" doesn't tell us much about the file. What codec and resolution is the material?
Some codecs are designed for delivery rather than manipulation in software, and these tend to function poorly in After Effects.
Andrew, the resolution is: 640x480, no codec. The videos were taken using a digital photo camera-
I actually managed to solved my problem: I converted the AVIs into MOVs (with video codec)
Now everything functions nicely. Maybe it was the AVI format from my photo cameta, who knows, but the MOVs are working fine.