2 Replies Latest reply on Apr 8, 2011 7:42 AM by the_wine_snob

Multiple Screen Menus

Alan B Baker

I am creating a slideshow using Premiere Elements that includes a number of scene markers.

I would also like to include a number of small Bonus Features. I would like to have a “Bonus Features” item on the Main Menu that, when selected, would lead to a separate Scene Menu that would include only a list of the included Bonus Features.

My understanding is that the version of PE that I am using (Version 4) does not support that capability.

Will any of the later versions permit me to accomplish that?

• 1. Re: Multiple Screen Menus
          Steve Grisetti Adobe Community Professional

Premiere Elements will create one main menu and one scene menu (though these can each have additional pages, if you've got many scene or main menu markers). You can't really create a complicated DVD menu system or more than two levels of menus.

That's why many people supplement Premiere Elements with a program like DVD Architect Studio from Sony. This program is a mere $39, and it allows you to build as complicated a menu system as you'd like, in addition to including a number of features for adding animation and custom buttons and backgrounds.

I've got a three-part Basic Training series for the program here. It's a great way to become familiar with it.

Then, if you like the program, I take you step-by-step through it in my book.

1 person found this helpful
          • 2. Re: Multiple Screen Menus
            the_wine_snob Level 9

The "bonus features" could be added to the Timeline, and accessed via the Scene Selection Menu. You can rename those to, say "Bonus Feature 1," etc., but there is some work and also limitations involved. To unlock the power of DVD (and BD) navigation, I completely agree with Steve, that a full-featured DVD authoring program is the the best course of action. PrE is very simplistic in the authoring possibilities, though that works well for 99% of the users, and is quite easy to use. For work beyond the "regular," DVD Architect will really help out. I use another authoring program, but now, it's only available with PrPro, so is not a viable alternative. With a full-featured authoring program, you will likely never use the authoring aspect of PrE again.

Good luck,

Hunt

1 person found this helpful