3 Replies Latest reply on Apr 9, 2011 1:13 AM by Mylenium

What wrong with this?

Adrien. Level 1

I have a video that has sound, I brought it into afteraffects, made a composition and made some changes. I exported the composition (rendered it) for quick time to edit in photoshop - the video is about 7 minutes.

Playing the video there is no sound....why?

Bringing the video into photoshop for editing with content aware fill creates 500+ frames......is that normal?

also whats the easiest way to move between aftereffects and photoshop in terms of editing frames? can I make changes in photoshop and watch it update in after effects?

• 1. Re: What wrong with this?
          bogiesan Level 4

Your rendering module must include a sound/audio component and the codec you are using must support audio tracks. Not all do.

See the manual for renderirng and exporting for instructions to include audio.

bogiesan

• 2. Re: What wrong with this?
            Dave LaRonde Level 6

Adrien. wrote:

the video is about 7 minutes... Bringing the video into photoshop for editing with content aware fill creates 500+ frames......is that normal?

That's absolutely normal.  In NTSC, 7 minutes of video is 12,587 frames.

whats the easiest way to move between aftereffects and photoshop in terms of editing frames? can I make changes in photoshop and watch it update in after effects?

I'm puzzled why you would want to do that.  Is it because you're 1) doing something in Photoshop that you know can't be done in AE, or that 2) you're more comfortable working in AE?  If it's the second, I'd try toughing it out in AE.

• 3. Re: What wrong with this?
              Mylenium Most Valuable Participant

What wrong with this?

Everything! Sorry, it's simply the most ill-conceived workflow I could imagine.

Playing the video there is no sound....why?

http://forums.adobe.com/thread/426347?tstart=0

Bringing the video into photoshop for editing with content aware fill creates 500+ frames......is that normal?

Yes. All video editing in PS is limited to 500 or 1000 frames, repsectively. There is no way to extend that range. Read the PS help!

also whats the easiest way to move between aftereffects and photoshop in terms of editing frames?

You don't. What you have in mind won't work, anyways. Content Aware Fill only works per frame and has no temporal stabilization, so each frame will have a different pattern and the resulting animation would flicker and wobble.

can I make changes in photoshop and watch it update in after effects?

That's what use File --> Reload Footage for or simply close and reopen the project.

Mylenium