4 Replies Latest reply on Apr 13, 2011 10:52 AM by the_wine_snob

Elements 9 frame size and export questions

RGB2CMYK2 Level 1

I have an animation video which is 320x240. I wonder how I should choose the correct preset with high resolution when starting the new project?

The video is very clear I don't want to downgrade the resolution or having some "shaky frames" when export. Can anybody help please??

• 1. Re: Elements 9 frame size and export questions
          the_wine_snob Level 9

Unfortunately, you have posted to the Tips & Tricks sub-forum, which is a repository for articles on how to do things in PrE & PrPro. Maybe Steve Grisetti, our tireless MOD, can move your post to the main forum, where more folk will see it, and can comment on it.

I do not think that PrE 9 has added any 320 x 240 Presets, but could be wrong. It does not offer the Desktop Preset, which can be fully customized, like PrPro does. In PrE's "big-brother" one can create any number of Presets with the Desktop Preset.
          Were it my Project, and if I did not have PrPro, I would go back to my animation program, and Export the animation as 720 x 480, use an NTSC DV Project with the matching PAR, edit as required, and then Export/Share from PrE to the 320 x 240 Frame Size.
          When the post gets moved out to the main forum, maybe others will have better ideas, or will correct me on a new Preset in PrE 9 for 320 x 240.
          Good luck,
          Hunt

• 2. Re: Elements 9 frame size and export questions
            Steve Grisetti Adobe Community Professional

You are correct. You can not use or create non-standard frame sizes in Premiere Elements.

• 3. Re: Elements 9 frame size and export questions
              RGB2CMYK2 Level 1

I was not able to get the setting of the original 3D animation movie from the former designer so I had to try different settings and looked at different forums and FINALLY I got the solution!!!

Here's what I did:

I clicked on the clip that was shaky and blurry when output, then went to "clip" menu--> "Video Options" --> check "Reverse Field Dominance"  and "Flicker Removal".

(This step helps to prevent the shaky and blury frames)

Then it's ready to "share". I chose "Computer" in the "SHARE" menu-->"Windows Media" -->"Advanced".

In the advanced setting pop up window, I went to the middle and chose "video". I could set the size back to 320x240. (I checked the option of "scale to the frame size" when I edited the movie.)

After rendering, the movie's resolution is almost the same high as the original one. I am not sure if it's the correct way to do so but at least that achieved my goal!

• 4. Re: Elements 9 frame size and export questions
                the_wine_snob Level 9

Great news, and thank you for sharing your workflow to success! It will likely help others in the future.

Good luck,

Hunt