3 Replies Latest reply on Apr 10, 2011 7:22 PM by pixlor

COPYING HOT SPOTS

lostinadobe

HELLO,

WORKING ON DIAGRAMS WITH MULTIPLE IDENTICAL PART HOTSPOTS.

CAN I COPY A HOTSPOT AND TRANSFER THE SAME DATA TO A DIFFERENT SPOT?

IT WOULD SAVE ME A TON OF TIME!

ANY IDEAS

THANKS

LOSTINADOBE

• 1. Re: COPYING HOT SPOTS
          pixlor Level 4

First, you shouldn't type on a forum in all caps. It's the equivalent of yelling at someone and it's considered poor (actually rude) nettiquete.

Second, any object can be copied. Just select it, press Ctrl-C then Ctrl-V.

For some objects you want to past attributes (such as color, filters, etc). Copy the object (Ctrl-C) you want to copy the attributes from, select the object you want to add the attributes to, then go to the menu and click on Edit>Paste Attributes.

• 2. Re: COPYING HOT SPOTS
            lostinadobe Level 1

hi,

thanks for the lecture.  been in cap lock mode all day didnt notice.

im refering to the the actual hotspot information and pop up menu

for instance

part #5 appears 4 times on diagram but links to the same url with the same data in the pop up

i tried your suggestion once second item is selected in bitmap

unable to paste

any other ideas instead of manually doing each one for hotspots that repeat

still

rude and crude

lostinadobe

• 3. Re: COPYING HOT SPOTS
              pixlor Level 4

You didn't mention menus in your original post. Fireworks menus are problematic for many reasons and you are better off building menus in Dreamweaver or buying professional, cross-browser compatible ones.

If you have a specific issue with a document you're working on, then you should post the file somewhere where people can look at it. Otherwise, we have no idea what you're referring to ("part #5 appears 4 times on diagram" ???). Other than a blanket "don't use FW menus," I can't offer any suggestions, because I don't know what you're trying to do.