4 Replies Latest reply on Apr 9, 2011 1:20 PM by screen_name_djk

How to export just a portion of video in PE9?

screen_name_djk

I just upgraded to PE9 (from PE2) and cannot find the same menu options that let me export just a portion of my video to a file or DVD.  anyone know where these settings are?  Looked in the PDF online, but no luck finding this info.

thanks

david

• 1. Re: How to export just a portion of video in PE9?
          screen_name_djk Level 1

Just to add a note.... I do see the "Share work Area Bar" box for file exports... but not for disk.   I suppose I have to resave a chopped version if I want to burn a smaller cut to disk??? seems s crazy though.... I guessing someone haa better answer.

thanks

david

• 2. Re: How to export just a portion of video in PE9?
            Steve Grisetti Adobe Community Professional

For most Share options, there is a checkbox for Share Work Area Bar Only, which allows you to output only a portion of your project.

However, because of the nature of DVDs and BluRay discs, this feature is not available on disc output options. Sorry.

• 3. Re: How to export just a portion of video in PE9?
              the_wine_snob Level 9

David,

Besides the Share to Disc limitation of using the WAB, there are a few other Export options where it will not be available, but for most options it is. Here is a look at the WAB (Work Area Bar), and how it is set:

WAB_Info_01.jpg

Hope that this helps and good luck,

Hunt

PS - if you want to Burn to Disc, only a portion of the Timeline, you can do that, though not as directly, as the above WAB limiting. You would first Open your Project, and then do a Save_As, renaming to something like Project Name_Short (very important), and then Delete the elements that you do not want. When done, do a Save of this edited Project, and then Burn to Disc from it. As you did a Save_As first, you still have your original Project un-edited and safe. That is why the Save_As step is so very important.

1 person found this helpful
              • 4. Re: How to export just a portion of video in PE9?
                screen_name_djk Level 1

Thank you.  I've been using the rename/edit option... however as you know from my previous question my direct disk burning isn't working.... so I'll go with the burn to file and use a third party burner program... that might give me more flexibility anyway.

David