10 Replies Latest reply on Apr 14, 2011 8:17 AM by alaskaDJ

    Adobe Audition CS 5.5

    memofhs

      Now that Audition CS 5.5 is anounced... when expires Audition 4 Beta?

       

      And wich are the improvements or diferences between AA CS5.5 and AA 4beta?

       

      Thanks

        • 1. Re: Adobe Audition CS 5.5
          holden driver Level 1

          I agree... I'd love to know when it's going to be disabled too.

           

          Are there small discounts available for beta testers too?

          • 2. Re: Adobe Audition CS 5.5
            TBPlayer1950

            I was hoping Adobe Audition 4 for Mac was going to be a stand-alone product but alas it appears not The whole "CS 5.5" package is much more than I need or can afford.

            TB

            • 3. Re: Adobe Audition CS 5.5
              holden driver Level 1

              I was confused at first too, however if you click on Upgrade on the product page :http://www.adobe.com/products/audition.html

               

              You'll see there are Upgrade, and Full options... So hopefully it IS available as a stand alone.

              • 4. Re: Adobe Audition CS 5.5
                ronnieh1

                Audition It is definitely a standalone product. Adobe's $100 upgrade price from Soundbooth and all the way back to AA1.5 is more than fair IMHO.

                 

                The full price is $349 if you're not upgrading, but most of us already own at least AA1.5.

                • 5. Re: Adobe Audition CS 5.5
                  Charles VW Adobe Employee

                  memofhs wrote:

                   

                  wich are the improvements or diferences between AA CS5.5 and AA 4beta?

                   

                   

                  There's been quite a bit of work done on Audition since the Mac Beta came out last November.  Primarily, the  workflow between Premiere Pro CS5.5 and Audition is new, and the Royalty-free content in Resource Central is new.

                   

                  More importantly, however, we've addressed many of the the bugs, workflow issues, and crash reports that you all have sent us during this beta.

                  • 6. Re: Adobe Audition CS 5.5
                    Charles VW Adobe Employee

                    ronnieh1 wrote:

                     

                    Audition It is definitely a standalone product. Adobe's $100 upgrade price from Soundbooth and all the way back to AA1.5 is more than fair IMHO.

                    Correct, Audition will continue to be sold as a standalone product.   What is new is that it can also be purchased as part of the Creative Suite and has

                    new features for greater interoperability with the other products in the Suite.

                    • 7. Re: Adobe Audition CS 5.5
                      Charles VW Adobe Employee

                      I guess just the discount of being able to use a very functional beta for free, and to have your input help shape the product

                      to be what you need it to be.  :-)


                      • 8. Re: Adobe Audition CS 5.5
                        holden driver Level 1

                        Charles VW wrote:

                        I guess just the discount of being able to use a very functional beta for free, and to have your input help shape the product

                        to be what you need it to be.  :-)


                        Ha ha, well it was worth a cheeky try I guess!

                         

                        I'd just been reluctant to try using the product a little more seriously for more real production recently because of the cut of 'kill' date. But now that I know the price, well II guess I can start saving. Thanks for all the hard work you guys did.

                        • 9. Re: Adobe Audition CS 5.5
                          Charles VW Adobe Employee

                          holden driver wrote:

                           

                          I'd just been reluctant to try using the product a little more seriously for more real production recently because of the cut of 'kill' date. But now that I know the price, well II guess I can start saving. Thanks for all the hard work you guys did.

                           

                          If you or anyone gets caught by the timeout, just know that there is always a free 30-day trial of the full version that will be available.   This is also the case for other Creative Suite products where you can always try a free 30-day trial.   So for all the Windows users that haven't had a chance to try the beta, they will have a chance to try before they buy as well.

                          • 10. Re: Adobe Audition CS 5.5
                            alaskaDJ

                            Disregard. Edited and removed posted...answered my own stupid question;)

                             

                            Jeremy