3 Replies Latest reply on Dec 2, 2011 2:46 PM by cnelson711

how to adapt project, created in P.Elements and opened in Premiere CS5 for Avid MC

lomomaria

hi, friends!

please, help me to find the way to solve this problem.

There is a project created on Windows in Premiere Elements.

I try to open it on Mac OS in Premiere CS5.
      Unsuccessfully, of course. CS5 says that the project was created by version elder than CS2.
      Then I move a sequence into project window, passing import, and Premiere CS5 opens it.

Then I export a sequence as AAF and after that I'm getting errors report saying:

The AAF file "/Users/marla/Desktop/test.aaf" could not be exported completely and/or accurately, as logged below:
      Cannot export video effect "AE.ADBE ProcAmp" (Sequence: "Sequence 01", Video Track: "Video 1" (#1), Position: 3409, Time: 00:02:16:09) because it is not supported. Effect was ignored.

As far as I understand, CS5 doesn't understand effects applied to video in Elements (tell me, please, if I'm wrong).

After that I try to remove effects. But after pressing a clip and "remove effects" button, effects don't disappear.

Please, help me to find right solution of this situation!

and please tell me, is there a real chanse to adapt project created in such an old version of Premiere to Avid Media Composer, installed on Mac OS?

thanks!

Maria