0 Replies Latest reply on Apr 11, 2011 5:55 AM by still_und_leise

Creating new color out of tint swatch

still_und_leise Level 1

Hi,

I'm trying to get RGB-colorValues out of InDesign-documents. I can't change the used colors from cmyk to rgb because that changes their color.

Anyways, I thought it would be a good idea to create a new color, which I can transform into rgb and delete afterwards. I can do this so far.

My problem ist, that I want to include tint information. (For example: the color swatch is C=100, M=0, Y=0, K=0 but the user changed the tint in one paragraph style to 25%, therefore my new color swatch should be C=25, M=0, Y=0, K=Y, this color swatch could then be transformed into rgb) Using InDesign that's possible by changing the tint of the color swatch, creating a new tint swatch out of this color. Right clicking on the tint swatch and creating a new color swatch out of it resolves in one color swatch which includes the tint information.

I can create the tint swatch with javascript but I seem to be unable to perform the last step with javascript. The tint swatch ist fine, because I can create a new color swatch out of it in InDesign. So how do I create a new color swatch which includes all the given information?

Thanks for your help.