1 Reply Latest reply on Jun 7, 2007 4:19 PM by Newsgroup_User

Projector animation slow on cd-rom

Sketch24 Level 1
      Hi I was wondering. In my application I have some flash animation at 24 fps. " opening elevator's doors". When it's played from my laptop cd-rom, the door animation drop some frame. It's a 9.4mb projector. The animation is a flash .flv imported inside director. When it's played from my desktop dvd-rom it's work fine. I have a splash screen that show up while the animation is being put in the ram. The laptop have 512mb of ram athlon xp 2.8ghz. Does the graphic card quality depend on that result.

thanx
        • 1. Re: Projector animation slow on cd-rom
          Level 7
          The graphic card could have an effect but most of them should be up to that
          these days. You're more likely to have a slow CD player. However 9 MB isn't
          too big.

I prefer to use a linked swf which in turn links to the FLV. It runs much
          smoother. I just shipped a CD with several flash movies this way and it
          seemed to work fine. At first I tried embedding them and they were sort of
          flickery.

"Sketch24" <webforumsuser@macromedia.com> wrote in message
          news:f49n6e$cia$1@forums.macromedia.com...
          > Hi I was wondering. In my application I have some flash animation at 24
          > fps. "
          > opening elevator's doors". When it's played from my laptop cd-rom, the
          > door
          > animation drop some frame. It's a 9.4mb projector. The animation is a
          > flash
          > .flv imported inside director. When it's played from my desktop dvd-rom
          > it's
          > work fine. I have a splash screen that show up while the animation is
          > being put
          > in the ram. The laptop have 512mb of ram athlon xp 2.8ghz. Does the
          > graphic
          > card quality depend on that result.
          >
          > thanx
          >