4 Replies Latest reply on Apr 12, 2011 10:33 AM by ryan_khoo

How to use keyboard short cut in Mac wireless keyboard ?

ryan_khoo Level 1

Hi all experts,

I understand that the following keyboard short-cut works in Premiere Pro CS5:

1) Page Down - Goto next edit point

2) Page Up - Goto previous Edit Point

3) Home - Place CTI to the beginning of the sequence

4) End - Place CTI to the end of the sequence.

The problem is I am using the wireless keyboard Mac which comes with a shorter keyboard.

This keyboard, being a shorter version, does not have the Page Down, Page Up, Home & End key.

Using the up arrow & down arrow instead of the Page Up & Page Down key also does NOT work.

Any ideas, please ?

Thanks in advance ...

• 1. Re: How to use keyboard short cut in Mac wireless keyboard ?
          Conrad C Adobe Community Professional & MVP

When you hold down the Fn key at the bottom left corner of any Apple mini keyboard (wireless or laptop), many keys change.

Home = Fn+left arrow

End = Fn+right arrow

Page Down = Fn+down arrow

Page Up = Fn+up arrow

Fwd Delete = Fn+Delete

Top row - hardware keys switch to function keys

There might be more, but those are the only ones I know of. Apple used to label the functions on the arrow keys, but for some reason they no longer do.

• 2. Re: How to use keyboard short cut in Mac wireless keyboard ?
            ryan_khoo Level 1

Thanks a million, Conrad.

Exactly the answer I am looking for !

Btw, when in the timeline, how do I move the CTI 1 sec forwards or 1 sec backward ?

Thanks again but sorry for my basic question

Cheers

• 3. Re: How to use keyboard short cut in Mac wireless keyboard ?
              Conrad C Adobe Community Professional & MVP

Unfortunately, I don't know how a shortcut for moving one second in the timeline. And I didn't see anything listed for that in the Timeline shortcuts list in the help file, although there are shortcuts for various other frame intervals listed there, if you want those.

The only way I can think of is to use the shortcut in the list where you type a plus or minus sign and the number of frames you want to jump. So if you had a 24fps sequence, you could jump ahead by typing "+24". But of course that could get tiring if you had to do it a lot.

If there is a one-keystroke way to jump exactly one second, hopefully someone who knows will drop in and mention it.

1 person found this helpful
              • 4. Re: How to use keyboard short cut in Mac wireless keyboard ?
                ryan_khoo Level 1

SaturnV wrote:

Unfortunately, I don't know how a shortcut for moving one second in the timeline. And I didn't see anything listed for that in the Timeline shortcuts list in the help file, although there are shortcuts for various other frame intervals listed there, if you want those.

The only way I can think of is to use the shortcut in the list where you type a plus or minus sign and the number of frames you want to jump. So if you had a 24fps sequence, you could jump ahead by typing "+24". But of course that could get tiring if you had to do it a lot.

If there is a one-keystroke way to jump exactly one second, hopefully someone who knows will drop in and mention it.

Thanks Conrad for the useful list.

I certainly hope there is a shortcut to be able to move 1 sec forward or backward very quickly. I used this a lot in Final Cut to keyframe the timing of the movement of varies clips. In Final Cut it is Shift + right (or left) arrow key.

Anyone ?

Thanks