6 Replies Latest reply on Apr 12, 2011 3:27 PM by jk1955

Lens Profiles Not Registering

jk1955 Level 1

Most of my lens profiles are no longer registering.  I am running Lightroom 3.4RC and Camera Raw 6.4RC.  I can see only 6 lens profiles, none of which I have ever used before.  Any ideas?

Oh, and the files are in the /program data/adobe/camera raw/nikon folder.  I checked that first.

• 1. Re: Lens Profiles Not Registering
          ssprengel Adobe Community Professional & MVP

Profiles can disappear if you have previously installed, then recently uninstalled, a program that also installs the lens profiles:  Photoshop, Photoshop Elements, Premier Elements, or Lightroom.

If this occurred, just install one of the other programs you still have and it should put them back.  If it works, the quickest might be to downgrade ACR by installing the ACR 6.3 update, then install the ACR 6.4 RC update, again, otherwise installing

• 2. Re: Lens Profiles Not Registering
            jk1955 Level 1

Nah.  Didn't work.  I tried reinstalling the ACR 6.3 and it just gives me an error.  I have uninstalled lightroom, and reinstalled LR3.0.  Still no cookie.  Should I uninstall both LR and Photoshop?

• 3. Re: Lens Profiles Not Registering

Lens Profiles are either for RAWs or non-RAWs so if you're editing a JPG/TIF then you won't see the RAW-specific profiles and vice versa.

You don't need to uninstall multiple things, necessarily.  The idea is to get the installer for LR 3.4 RC or ACR 6.4 RC to run and install the profiles, again.  If you can install the same thing over the top of what's already there, then that should be enough.  You should be able to install the LR 3.4 RC, again, since you went back a few versions.

You might want to check to see if you can find the profile files, themselves, on your harddrive--ProgramData is a hidden folder so you may not see it in Explorer by just type in the location and hit enter and it should go there:

Adobe-supplied profiles are in these two locations:

C:\ProgramData\Adobe\CameraRaw\LensProfiles\1.0

C:\Users\All Users\Adobe\CameraRaw\LensProfiles\1.0

User-created profiles are under:

C:\Users\username\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\CameraRaw\LensProfiles\1.0

Downloaded profiles go into a Downloaded subfolder.

If your user is not an Administrator then that might be the problem if the files seem to exist but you can't see them in LR or ACR.  Sometimes deleting the pscache.dat file in the Users folder will make LR/ACR refind all the profiles.

• 4. Re: Lens Profiles Not Registering
                jk1955 Level 1

The files are there.  But LR can't see them.  I even copied the files to every camera raw directory I could find, nada.  LR just won't see them.

• 5. Re: Lens Profiles Not Registering

Are you editing a JPG, TIF, PSD or a raw file?

• 6. Re: Lens Profiles Not Registering
                    jk1955 Level 1

Doh!   It was a jpg I was looking at.  Boy, do I feel stupid!  Thanks for your help!