2 Replies Latest reply on Apr 11, 2011 7:21 PM by the_wine_snob

After Roxio, video no longer appears, only audio

rkic900

So today out of nowhere, APE trys to configure roxio creator premier 10 at my project startup.

It then fails and reads : "the feature you are trying to use is on a network resource that is unavailable."

It goes on to ask to identify the new path containing the instliation package for RCP 10.

this has never happened before.

THEN, i dont know if its related, but now my project that worked fine before importing, editing, and exporting these .avi's  now NO LONGER HAS VIDEO when i drag the clips into the timeline, only audio.

this has never happend before also.

THINGS I HAVE TRIED:

1. starting a fresh new project, again the RCP 10 interferes and fails, .avi video no work

2. try mp4. these work fine. so it appears to be a fantastical codec issue that sprang from the RCP 10

any help would be appreciated...

• 1. Re: After Roxio, video no longer appears, only audio
          Steve Grisetti Adobe Community Professional

Something is seriously misconfigured on your computer. Premiere Elements should have no effect on your Roxio product.

I would recommend you contact Adobe Tech Support. You're likely going to need more troubleshooting than we can do here on the forum.

If the person answering the phone can't help you (they work from a script), demand to speak to a supervisor -- who will.

• 2. Re: After Roxio, video no longer appears, only audio
            the_wine_snob Level 9

Can you give us a complete description of your computer?

One area of prime interest will be the full details of your I/O sub-system. See this ARTICLE for some details. Do you have any networked, mapped or external HDD's in the system. If so, how are they allocated?

Where is PrE installed?

There are elements in Roxio, that can get in the way of DVD burning in PrE, but I have never heard of issues going the other way. PrE is quite benign.

Good luck,

Hunt