• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Export media, where does it end up?!

New Here ,
Apr 11, 2011 Apr 11, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, If you make a clip and you feel finished, you use export media to make it a watchable .avi file, right? I did this in Premiere CS5, but i was not able to choose where this file was gona end up, and I've searched my documents for the exported .avi but i cant find it, where the HECK does it go?

and why aren't you able to chose for yourself where it's supposed to end up? In the beginning you can chose where you want your captured videos from cameras to end up, only. this is confusing.

TOPICS
Export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

LEGEND , Apr 11, 2011 Apr 11, 2011

and why aren't you able to chose for yourself where it's supposed to end up?

You can, and should:

filelocation.png

The specific location will obviously vary; it should be remembered from the last export, however, so you can use that to backtrack.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee , Sep 15, 2021 Sep 15, 2021

This video will show you how to look for a missing export, and how to choose your export location so you never lose your video again! I hope it helps. 

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

and why aren't you able to chose for yourself where it's supposed to end up?

You can, and should:

filelocation.png

The specific location will obviously vary; it should be remembered from the last export, however, so you can use that to backtrack.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you! I do not know how i've could have been so blind! many thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 07, 2018 Feb 07, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You were not blind. It´s just not intuitive. And every other app in the world indicates it. It´s not natural to go clicking on every link you see on the screen. Specially with so much info. If it just indicated (Export to, location or what ever...).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 24, 2019 Feb 24, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

sorry... but this was not the answer to the question, what does Adobe make as the default location... I have a lost file on my trial, I am out as an investor though, this is stupid and worse than when I tried it in 2011...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There isn't any default location that I've ever noticed. It frequently will select the last place I exported to, which when changing projects is not always where one prefers.

Nest, unless you changed the name, it will be your sequence name dot-whatever extension goes with the format you chose.

Unless you renamed the sequence, that will be named after the first clip you dropped on the sequence.

So you can search your computer for say *.mp4, if that's the file type you chose (H.264), look in the folder where your project file was parked, your media folders, and search for all files starting with the name of the first clip.

Also, sometimes it puts things in say Users/username/documents/Adobe ...  or users/username/appdata/roaming/Adobe ...

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 09, 2018 Jun 09, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i didnt specify where it should export to, o where tofind the video?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 09, 2018 Jun 09, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Click on the export file name as Colin described above. That will show you the folder you exported to.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah... There is a default location programmed in... The folder is like Premier>13.0... The folder is named 13.0 inside the install Premier folder... I assumed that was some file directory for gui ref files or something...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 23, 2020 May 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Where do exported files go

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
May 23, 2020 May 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Where is set in the Export dialog ... and for you to control that for this export, click the filename in the Output line near the top. It's highlighted in blue. That brings up a finder/explorer window, and give at a usable name and tell the computer where to put the file.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 29, 2020 Jun 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

YOWWW WHERE DID IT GO??? i didnt check anything i didnt the file or anything i didnt set where it should pls help me find broooo

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jun 30, 2020 Jun 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Open the export dialog, and this time ... CLICK ON THE BLUE HIGHLIGHTED FILENAME near the top.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 15, 2021 Sep 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This video will show you how to look for a missing export, and how to choose your export location so you never lose your video again! I hope it helps. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines