4 Replies Latest reply on Apr 13, 2011 1:14 PM by the_wine_snob

Text scroll issues

mxdvotion

so i've been trying to get my text to scroll properly for damn near 3 hours now.  for some reason it wont scroll in any direction if i have the text on the left side of the title edit window. but when i move the text to the right side so that its slightly out side of the boxed area it works fine in either direction.  the only time it will scroll at all on the left side of the screen is when i check the start off or end off screen buttons otherwise it just stays in place.  WHAT GIVES! i've searched for 2 hours now and i have not been able to find an answer

• 1. Re: Text scroll issues
          mdubuque Level 1

Is there any change at all if you modify its placement along the vertical axis, either a little further up or a little further down?

Matt

• 2. Re: Text scroll issues
            the_wine_snob Level 9

First, how are you applying a Scroll to your Title - the Preset?

1. As a test, make that a static Title, with Text positioned, as you want it.
            2. With that Title Selected, open up the Effects Control Panel, if not already open.
            3. Go to the fixed Effect>Motion and twirl it open.
            4. At the first Frame of the Title, add a Keyframe (toggle on animation with the Stopwatch)
            5. Go to Position, and scrub the vertical setting, until you have the Title off screen, from the direction that you wish it to come on-screen.
            6. Go to the last Frame of the Title and add a Keyframe.
            7. Then, scrub the vertical setting to have the Title off-screen, where you want it to disappear.
            8. Render that section of the Timeline.
            9. Test.
            10. If you want to adjust things, you can add a bit more distance in that vertical settins box for each Keyframe - just like a Pre-roll and a Post-roll.
            11. You can also adjust the animation by changing the Interpolation from Linear, which is what you have now.

Does this do what you want?

Good luck,

Hunt

PS - with Keyframes, you can even pause the Title, if desired.

• 3. Re: Text scroll issues
              mdubuque Level 1

Keyframes are awesome.

Matt

• 4. Re: Text scroll issues
                the_wine_snob Level 9

Keyframes are awesome.

I agree completely. For me, they are akin to the addition of Layers in Photoshop - obviously not a direct comparison, but as far as utility goes.

Hope that works for you. BTW - I cannot recall the last time that I used either animation Preset for Titles. Keyframes are just too powerful.

Good luck,

Hunt