2 Replies Latest reply on Apr 12, 2011 7:41 AM by the_wine_snob

Adobe premier element 9

hector591

Hello,

I have a problem with Adobe premier element 9.

I created a project with some photo and in this photo I put a little video to comment it. The project is in 1280*760.

My problem is when I want to record my project in a littler resolution (800*600), all the insert video moves out from the picture.

Do u know if there is an “option” to keep all as it was in 1280*760?

Other information: I tried to record my project in 1280*760, but it don’t work, “undefined error”…. This is an other problem…

Thanks for your help.

• 1. Re: Adobe premier element 9
          Steve Grisetti Adobe Community Professional

It's not clear what you are asking, Hector.

What model of camcorder is your video coming from and how did you get it into your computer? If you are using photos, have you ensured that your photos are no larger than 1000x750 pixels in size?

What do you mean by "when I want to record my project in a littler resolution (800*600)"? How are you changing these settings?

Finally, how to you plan to distribute your final video? Online? On DVD or BluRay? There may be a more efficient way to build and edit your project than the method you are using.

• 2. Re: Adobe premier element 9
            the_wine_snob Level 9

For what I am reading, per your desires, I would match the Project's Preset to that of your Video, in every respect.

Scale your still images to match the chosen Frame Size. This ARTICLE will give you tips and more detail.

Now, to get the Video to "come out of the stills," be sure to turn Scale to Frame Size OFF. Then, you will do a PiP (Picture in Picture), with the stills on Video Track 1, and the Video on Video Track 2, above the stills. You will then use the fixed Effect>Motion>Scale and Keyframe the Scale of the Video. You will start with a Scale of 0, so that the Video is not visible, then Keyframe the Scale to what you need, whether PiP (smaller than the stills), or full-frame. If you want the Video to "disappear" back into the still, just reverse the Keyframes.

When done, you can Export/Share to a smaller set of dimensions, with most formats/CODEC's. You will want to keep the Aspect Ratio the same, as with your Project's Preset, so a little math might be required.

If this is not what you want, please correct where I went wrong, and good luck,

Hunt