7 Replies Latest reply on Apr 27, 2011 3:26 AM by i_dream_of_jeannie

Trouble Installing Adobe Premiere Elements 9 On Windows.

IzzyDizzyCoco85 Level 1

Just bought this yesterday, and I am trying to install. When I get to the screen that says The InstallShield Wizard will install Adobe Premiere Elements 9 Content on your computer. To continue, click next.  I click next and I get this message: Either Adobe Premiere Elements 9 is not installed on the system or has corrupted. So please install Adobe Premiere Elements 9 and then retry. What does this mean?

• 1. Re: Trouble Installing Adobe Premiere Elements 9 On Windows.
          the_wine_snob Level 9

Welcome to the forum.

Are you installing from media, or from download?

Are you attempting to install the functional content (separate media disc, or download file), before actually installing the program?

For general tips on installing most Adobe programs, see this ARTICLE.

Good luck,

Hunt

• 2. Re: Trouble Installing Adobe Premiere Elements 9 On Windows.
            Steve Grisetti Adobe Community Professional

I agree with Bill. It sounds like you're trying to install the content disc rather than the program disc.

The program for both Premiere Elements and Photoshop Elements install from the same disc.

Also note that there is often both a Windows and a Mac version in the same box, so ensure that you are installing the Windows version.

• 3. Re: Trouble Installing Adobe Premiere Elements 9 On Windows.
              Wilkinson58 Level 1

I downloaded the Windows trial version of Elements 9 this morning. In the process, it seems it messed up files I've created for the past 2 years with Elements 7. Previous files come up on my trial version only with watermarks which, basically, renders them useless. Customer service seems like an oxymoron; first they tell me they no longer support Version 7 and, then, they advise the watermarks will disappear from the trial version only if, of course, I purchase. This is not my idea of what a respected software company should offer its customers.

• 4. Re: Trouble Installing Adobe Premiere Elements 9 On Windows.
                the_wine_snob Level 9

Welcome to the forum.

The trial version will apply a Watermark to the Exported footage. Never Open, and then overwrite an existing Project from a previous version, in the trial. Instead, either make a Copy of the PREL (Project) file, or do a Save_As, so as to NOT overwrite the existing, original PREL. The trial also has some limitations on the various modules, that need to be activated. Depending on what the Assets in the Project are, this limitation might, or might not, have any impact on testing, whether with a new, or an old Project.

To remove the watermark from the trail, see this FAQ Entry.

For the limitations of the trail, see the link in this FAQ Entry.

Good luck,

Hunt

• 5. Re: Trouble Installing Adobe Premiere Elements 9 On Windows.
                  Wilkinson58 Level 1

Thanks, Bill.

But here's the point; I find this process

extremely frustrating, time-consuming and too

rarely satisfying. (and I suspect many others

agree), In my case, I've been online since the early 90's.

Software should do what its makers claim and

promote. If one measures time consumed while

dealing with quirky software, the alleged

advantages are supplanted by anger, frustration and lost productivity.

Best I can tell, there's absolutely no warning

when downloading the trial version of Elements 9

that you risk moving and/or obliterating

important files created in Elements 7 or other versions.

Not only are such developments time-consuming,

maddening and regressive, but they also fly in

the face of what the manufacturers claim to be

the "wonderful" experience these "upgrades" will

bring. All too often they lead to anger, frustration and wasted days.

Until technology delivers the type of reliability

that pen, paper and trusty Underwood typewriters

once did, it will reside closer to the snake-oil

era than one leading us closer to Nirvana.

With respect,

Robert

• 6. Re: Trouble Installing Adobe Premiere Elements 9 On Windows.
                    the_wine_snob Level 9

Robert,

With all due respect, I do not think that Adobe claims that their trail will NOT include a watermark, until the program is purchased. If you can provide a link to the contrary, I would be happy to see that, and to change my thinking. Here is what I encounter on the trail download page: https://www.adobe.com/cfusion/tdrc/index.cfm?product=premiere_elements&loc=en_us

When it comes to trial software, it is common for the app to apply a watermark of some sort.

In PrPro, there is not watermark, BUT much of the functionality of the program is crippled. Many users of that trial complain that they would like to have all features, and a watermark. Adobe is doing a study on that, but with the licensing arrangements with companies like MainConcept (MPEG CODEC's), there are issues at the legal and financial level. Not sure what Adobe will decide on that.

Sorry that the trial did not work out for you.

Hunt

• 7. Re: Trouble Installing Adobe Premiere Elements 9 On Windows.
                      i_dream_of_jeannie Level 1

Hi IzzyDizzy,

Looks like you are installing the content before installing the PRE application. You should run  the application setup and only after that you should install the Content.