4 Replies Latest reply on Aug 15, 2006 7:34 AM by Scnoods

Rollover not working due to audio cue-point

Scnoods
      I have a problem with a rollover state not working on a button when the play head is paused due to a cue-point in the audio file.

I have a basic swap cast member scrip attached to the sprite (button) but since the playback head is paused on the cue-point the swap cast member script doesn't seem to be recognised (only works when the play head is moving).

Is there any fix/lingo I can add to my sprite script that will tell it to ignore the cue-point/play-head..?

I've got to get this job out the door asap, so any help here will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.
        • 1. Re: Rollover not working due to audio cue-point
          Scnoods Level 1
          Well, seem to have found a fix.

I've added a 'go the frame' after the cast member swap - seems to work okay?!

on mouseEnter me
          sprite(me.spriteNum).member = member("Button Rollover")
          go the frame
          end

on mouseLeave me
          sprite(me.spriteNum).member = member("Button")
          go the frame
          end

If anybody know any known issues regarding this I'd be happy to hear them.
          • 2. Re: Rollover not working due to audio cue-point
            BSpero Level 1
            I would use a frame script and have it repeat while it waits for the cue point to pass. When I have used the tempo channel for cue points, it always messes up any animation I have on the stage.
            • 3. Re: Rollover not working due to audio cue-point
              Level 7
              I've said this probably 20 times in this forum. The Tempo channel should be
              scrapped. It wastes more people's time like yours when some basic Lingo
              will avoid all issues.

--
              Craig Wollman
              Word of Mouth Productions

phone 212 928 9581
              fax 212 928 9582
              159-00 Riverside Drive West #5H-70
              NY, NY 10032
              www.wordofmouthpros.com

"Scnoods" <webforumsuser@macromedia.com> wrote in message
              news:ebshup$m5p$1@forums.macromedia.com...
              >I have a problem with a rollover state not working on a button when the
              >play
              > head is paused due to a cue-point in the audio file.
              >
              > I have a basic swap cast member scrip attached to the sprite (button) but
              > since the playback head is paused on the cue-point the swap cast member
              > script
              > doesn't seem to be recognised (only works when the play head is moving).
              >
              > Is there any fix/lingo I can add to my sprite script that will tell it to
              > ignore the cue-point/play-head..?
              >
              > I've got to get this job out the door asap, so any help here will be
              > greatly
              > appreciated.
              >
              > Thanks.
              >

• 4. Re: Rollover not working due to audio cue-point
                Scnoods Level 1
                Thanks for the advice.

I need to brush up on my lingo, and try to scrap some of my old methods (like using the tempo channel).