2 Replies Latest reply on Apr 14, 2011 6:41 AM by frg720

Will Adobe bring back: Automate-PDF presentation and Automate-Contact sheet?

frg720

I've been using CS3 Design Premium for a few years now and have loved it until recently when Photoshop just stopped working and my disc isn't allowing me to reinstall. I downloaded the CS5 30-day trial and really don't want to purchase CS5 because the two functions I frequently use are gone! Does anyone know if Adobe has any plans to bring the Automate-PDF presentation and Automate-Contact sheet functions back? I've tried using Bridge to do this and it adds so many extra steps and doesn't provide the same options as before so I cannot get it to work as needed! If anyone knows please let me know what I can do to get around this or if there is a light at the end of the tunnel and Adobe will just out it back without making any adjustments (don't ruin a good thing - please!)? Also, was this removed from CS4 as well or were both functions still active in CS4? Thanks!

• 1. Re: Will Adobe bring back: Automate-PDF presentation and Automate-Contact sheet?
          Reynolds (Mark) Level 4

Adobe removed the ability to output multiple page PDF's from Photoshop whatsoever. You can only do single page PDF's. So the scripts that were included that allowed multiple page PDF output were discontinued in the switch from CS3 to CS4.

You may be able to find scripts online, that can be installed into the scripts menu, that will do part of the process for you. But multiple page PDF's now have to be created with Bridge. Or you keep an active version of CS3 on your machine for this purpose.

There were very many others very unhappy about this situation. As you say Bridge does not cover this ground adequately enough, even in version CS5. Why the Bridge team chose to ignore the brief to reproduce the functions of PDF Presentation accurately and completely, is anyones guess.

• 2. Re: Will Adobe bring back: Automate-PDF presentation and Automate-Contact sheet?
            frg720 Level 1

Thanks for the additional information. I hope they create a Bridge plug-in to add these features back in the future. If anyone knows of scripts that can be added please let me know! I cannot keep a copy of CS3 for this purpose since my disc was corrupt (hence the forced upgrade) and no one has the old version that I can track. Thanks again!