2 Replies Latest reply on Apr 13, 2011 9:40 AM by reetskeet

CMYK VALUES IN ILLUSTRATOR NOT MATCHING ON HP 2600N

reetskeet

Hello, PLEASE HELP!

I am doing Graphic arts for a company that's using an HP 2600N printer. When I put the colour values in CMYK in Illustrator it DOES NOT print that colour.

ex printing brown turns out green

I tried calibrating the monitors/printer, cleaning printer,  my documents in CMYK so now I am running out of solutions

I also have this issue when printer to my VEVO quicklabels printer if that helps

thanks!

Rita

• 1. Re: CMYK VALUES IN ILLUSTRATOR NOT MATCHING ON HP 2600N
          John Danek Level 4

CMYK color matching requires a Postscript Level 3 RIP ( raster image processor ).  Hp drivers are good, but laser printers are historically not the greatest for matching colors.  You might check efi.com and see if they have a 3rd party RIP for the 2600n.  Beware that even a good proofer will not match a Pantone Spot Color exactly.  There are some spot colors that just cannot be matched.  I would recommend you talk to the company and have them invest in an inkjet proofer like the Epson 3880 w/ Efi or Colorburst RIP or the HP Designjet 130 w/ efi xPress RIP.  The HP has an internal colorimeter for calibrating.  You mentioned calibrating the monitor and cleaning the printer.  Very good steps in maintenance routines, but the key is calibrating the monitor and printer.  If you are in the graphic arts business, then you need to step up to the next level.  When you buy a proofer, you get excellent documentation to walk you through what you need to do to get consistent results.

1 person found this helpful
          • 2. Re: CMYK VALUES IN ILLUSTRATOR NOT MATCHING ON HP 2600N
            reetskeet Level 1

I have also callibrated the printer, I was also told to tear apart the printer and clean the " mirrors inside" I feel that this might not be the best option

http://h30499.www3.hp.com/hpeb/attachments/hpeb/bsc-413/131284/1/292949.pdf

thank you, I will definitly look into what you have suggested.