• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Unable to install Flash Builder 4; unable to extract newer versions

New Here ,
Apr 13, 2011 Apr 13, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am running Windows 7 64 bit on a network where My Documents and my Desktop are linked to a roaming profile where space usage quotas are enforced. I was unable to install Flash Builder 4 because of that issue, which Adobe is aware of and has apparently fixed (thanks, Chris A.).

However, I can't even extract Burrito or the pre-release version of FB4.5 because the installer exes automatically extract to the Desktop. On 4.0, I could change the extraction location.

Is there any way around this problem?

Thanks,

Ron

TOPICS
Installation and activation

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

@Ron - thanks for letting us know. I'm surprised that nobody has run into that limitation before now.

Fortunately, there's a workaround:

- open a command window, and cd to the location of the self-extracting exe you downloaded

- run the exe with the /d option (destination), that allows you to customize the path to which the installer is extracted.

In my case, the full syntax string looked this way:

FlashBuilder_4_5_LS10.exe /d c:\customExtractionFolder

-Chris

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I donwloaded the flash builder 4 trial today.  The install extracts all of the files and then dies.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Ron - thanks for letting us know. I'm surprised that nobody has run into that limitation before now.

Fortunately, there's a workaround:

- open a command window, and cd to the location of the self-extracting exe you downloaded

- run the exe with the /d option (destination), that allows you to customize the path to which the installer is extracted.

In my case, the full syntax string looked this way:

FlashBuilder_4_5_LS10.exe /d c:\customExtractionFolder

-Chris

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 14, 2011 Apr 14, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

@Chris, Yes, the command line install solved the extraction problem and I was able to install 4.5 on a Windows 7 box with a roaming profile.

Thanks to you and Andrew for your help.

Ron

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines