Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

whtopic.js error

New Here ,
Apr 13, 2011 Apr 13, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I currently am loading a webhelp project, when I attempt to view a topic, I receive and error:

An error as occured in the script of this page.

Line: 392
Char: 15
Error: Expected ')'
Code: 0

URL: file///C:/WP%20Product%20ISO/whtopic.js

I opened up the whtopic.js and looked at line 392 and it is below in red.  I have no issues with compiling or anything, just cannot view a topic in Robohelp, and if that popup error comes up, I cannot close it unless I force close Robohelp all together, which is quite annoying, any help would be greatly appreciated.

function autoSync(nSync)
{
if(nSync==0) return;
if(isInPopup()) return;
if(Knowledge DatabaseutMostTopic()
  sync();
}

Thanks,

Nathan

Message was edited by: nwhite9327

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Apr 13, 2011 Apr 13, 2011

Hi,

It looks like something went wrong in the file. Replace the incorrect line

with:

if(isOutMostTopic())

For my understanding, you cannot open the specific topic in RoboHelp, or can't you open any topics in the output? If it's only the output, there's probably something messing with the whtopic.js file. Try creating a new project and check for the same error.

If you have this problem inside RoboHelp, you may have imported an output topic instead of a sourc

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

It looks like something went wrong in the file. Replace the incorrect line

with:

if(isOutMostTopic())

For my understanding, you cannot open the specific topic in RoboHelp, or can't you open any topics in the output? If it's only the output, there's probably something messing with the whtopic.js file. Try creating a new project and check for the same error.

If you have this problem inside RoboHelp, you may have imported an output topic instead of a source topic. That may require you to clean up.

Greet,

Willam

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the reply,

Output works fine.  It is just when I am within Roobhelp.  If I right click a topic > view, it will attempt to load the topic but with this popup.

I did change the line 392 scripting as you suggested, and it resolved that line, but now other lines are throwing scripting errors.

Hmm i think i know what caused this

'FIND AND REPLACE ALL'...

as I needed to remove the term 'ISO' and change with Knowledge Database..., that line got change as it had 'ISO' in the characters.

is there anyways to recreate fresh on this or do i have to try and resolve all the scripting errors?

I have about 32 projects, so I'm sure its this project as the other ones work fine.

Thanks,

Nathan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok, that was indeed the issue, I looked at a working script and copied exact info as it should be and its not throwing errors anymore.  Thanks for all the help

Nathan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Apr 14, 2011 Apr 14, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Glad it's solved.

You may want to look into User Defined Variables: Define a variable and use that instead of typing things like product name, company name, etc. If it ever changes, you just change the definition of the variable and your project is updated. That eliminates one call for find and replace.

Greet,

Willam

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp