0 Replies Latest reply on Apr 13, 2011 8:29 PM by smashclash

Flash preview freezes

smashclash

Greetings All.  I'm using a 64-bit windows 7 machine.

This problem just crept up within the past 2 weeks.  I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling flash to no avail.  The problem is the same in both Firefox and IE9.

Anyway, let's say I have multiple pop-up chat sessions going that use flash.  So when you hover the mouse over the firefox icon on the taskbar it shows the preview windows of all the pop-up chat sessions and it shows the chats flowing in real-time as it should.  However, if I move the mouse to hover over one of the pop-up chats that is currently one of the background chats (i.e. isn't the one on top) the pop-up chat will come to the top of all the other chat sessions as it should but the animation will freeze in the pop-up chat window but it still moves/works in the preview.  That is, the little preview window that shows all of the firefox pop-up sessions will continue to animate and work as normal (including the one I'm currently hovering over with the mouse) but the main window that's not "on top" of the other firefox browsers freezes.  Basically the little previews work and animate fine but the window I'm hovering over freezes.  As soon as I left click on it and "bring it to the top" it operates fine as do any background sessions.  It's only when I'm hovering over the preview that main window freezes up until I click on it.  I hope this makes sense.

Anyone have any ideas?  Is there some kind of setting I should look at.  The machine is only a little over a year old with a AMD Athlon II X2 235e 2.7ghz and 6Gig of RAM.