0 Replies Latest reply on Apr 14, 2011 12:55 AM by freya.p

how to make simple app to open url

freya.p Level 1

I am trying to make a simple android app and have tried the google inventor, but the 'lego' system doesn't make much sense to me. So - as I already have a master suite I am trying to find out if the Flash Builder Burrito would do the trick for me. However - when I try to find an easy step-by-step thing to show me how to use it - there is this extremely complicated thing I have no need of and which makes even less sense to me than the Google thing.

Can I please get a step-by-step guide to make a button that opens an url in the browser. The basic code should be something like

Action: android.intent.action.VIEW
      DataUri: http://.....htm

but I can't figure out where to put it and how to make the button.

and then - how do you package the thing in an apk, so that you can upload it and link to it with a QR? (I can do that in the Google thing no problem, I just keep getting an extra layer between the icon and the action and want to know if this Burrito thing will do the trick for me)

And no, I'm not used to java either, I've just been making web since you had to handcode the stuff in html, so reading code is ok - if I can get a template to work from. I prefer code to 'lego'.

Freya