1 Reply Latest reply on Apr 14, 2011 9:05 AM by Mylenium

After Effects CS4 and some other Adobe start up failure.

boyname123

Everything was working SMOOTH before, and I can't remember the changes that resulting in these problems:

I'm having trouble to launch Adobe After Effects CS4, Premiere Pro CS4, Photoshop CS4 & Soundbooth CS4.

For After Effects and Photoshop, the splash screens appear for about 3 seconds, then gone, and nothing happen.

For Premiere Pro & Soundbooth, both stop loading at SolidComposite.AEX and a message appears:

Adobe Premiere Pro/Soundbooth could not find any capable video play modules. Please update your video display drivers and start again.

1. I tried clean Uninstall & Reinstall (with CS4 Clean Up Tool & deleted related Adobe folders)

2. I tried codec troubleshooting & removed some unnecessary codecs

3. I tried removing some recent modified fonts (Though some are unremovable)

4. I tried creating another Administrator account

5. I updated display driver

6. I don't have effective restore point

However, Adobe Illustrator CS4, Flash CS4 Professional and most other programs work normally.

Reformatting will be the last resort.

Please help me.

• 1. Re: After Effects CS4 and some other Adobe start up failure.
          Mylenium Most Valuable Participant

Yes, your CoDecs are busted and your attempts to repair things made things probably worse. Unless you intimately know which registry keys and files the brought with them and in turn how to manualyl remove these associations by hacking the registry I'm afraid there is no way to realyl resolve your issues. In fact even Windows' own base CoDecs may be damaged at this point. you could try to manualyl reinstall Windows Media player, but if that doesn't work, I guess a full operating system reinstall is your only option...

Mylenium