I think you're getting confused between what should be on your computer and
what should be on your reader.
Your Pandigital reader won't have any icons on it that relate to ADE on your
computer. Transfer of books is one way - from your computer to your reader.
After you transfer a book from ADE to your reader, you need to follow a
certain sequence in order to make sure that your reader updates properly,
and I think that's where you have your problem. Do not just 'unplug' your
reader. Close ADE, but leave your reader plugged in. Your reader should
tell you it's updating or processing new content. When it's done, use your
computer's tools to disconnect your reader. For Windows, you can click on
an icon on the right hand side of the system tray at the bottom of the
screen (near or next to the clock), or you can go to My Computer and see the
reader displayed as a disk drive. If you use the icon, you click on it, and
it will show you the drive to remove safely (its term for disconnecting).
If you click on that, then Windows will come back with a message that it's
safe to remove the drive. If you use My Computer, it's similar. Click on
the drive, and then choose 'Eject' and click on it. You'll see the drive go
away. Then, turn off your reader and disconnect the cable from the
Hope this helps!
Thanks for the answer! However, when I have my PN plugged in, it never says anything about updating - all it says is PC Mode. I did as you suggested and ejected my PN from my computer and then it said it was updating and restarted - as it had done in the past. The only reason I say that I should have an Adobe ebooks icon on my PN is because other threads have said that they have one and it's the only way to download library books. They said you have to scroll all the way over to the right on the bottom icon menu on my PN and you'd see the icon but I don't have that. I can copy and paste what I've been told to do if you think that'll help...
1) Go to http://www.adobe.com/products/digitaledi…
2) Scroll down. You should see a brown button that says "Install." Click.
3) Follow the given instructions.
4) Once ADE is downloaded, it will ask you to register and active your new program. To do so, you must go back to the website you started at (see above). In the top right hand corner, click "sign in."
5) On the left hand side of the screen, click the gold button that says "Create and Adobe Account." Follow the given instructions and provide the information in the required fields.
6) Once you have successfully registered, go back to the ADE program you downloaded and activate your program by giving the email and password you used when creating your adobe account.
1) Go to your local library's website. There should be an option for downloadable media.
2) Choose your book(s) and proceed to 'checkout.'
3) Underneath all of your chosen book(s), there will be a button that says "download." Click this and download each eBook individually to an easy-to-find folder on your computer.
4) Go to the folder on your computer that contains your downloaded eBooks. Open them. They should open into the Adobe Digital Editions program that you just installed.
1) Plug your Pandigital Novel into your computer.
2) On the program Adobe Digital Editions, underneath the "Bookshelves" on the left hand side of the screen, there should be an option that says "Pandigital Novel" (or some variation of that).
3) Drag your downloaded library books into that bookshelf.
4) Unplug your Pandigital Novel.
1) Go to your home screen.
2) At the bottom of your PN (underneath the Bookstore and Library), scroll the Application Quick Launch Bar to the right. You should see an application that says "Adobe eBooks." All of your downloaded library books should be there.
**Don't forget that they are library books and must be returned! To do so:
1) Open your Adobe Digital Editions program.
2) On the left hand side underneath the "Bookshelves," open the Borrowed books.
3) Select the book that you would like to return. A small arrow should appear to the left of the book title. Click this and select "Return Borrowed Item."