1 Reply Latest reply on Apr 14, 2011 1:19 PM by Colin Brougham

Sony proxy files mxf import

EricWB Level 1

I am working with Sony XD CAM -  It has mxf files - which import and play back just fine.

There are also Proxy Files - small resolution files to edit with - but not full res. When completed you can batch record the full resolution files then.

When I import these proxy files into the bin, ADOBE PPro says the "file has an unsupported compression type."

I guess this true, and ADOBE just does not work with these files? I can click on the file and it does play on the SONY XDCam Proxy Viewer.

But it does not import into Adobe. I expected it would work. Is there anything I can do? Thanks.

• 1. Re: Sony proxy files mxf import
          Colin Brougham Level 6

What is the format and codec of the proxy files? There probably is a way to rewrap them as something else that will import into Premiere, but I don't know if you'll be able to do your online from them; Premiere really doesn't have a solid proxy editing method, so it's sort of a crapshoot. Happy to try and figure out a way, though

If you have a small version you can upload or send me, I'd take a look; shoot me a PM.