0 Replies Latest reply on Apr 14, 2011 3:29 PM by aaronstone81

HDividedBox livedragging flicker out of the box.  Workaround?

aaronstone81

Hey all,

I've noticed that an out of the box HDividedBox has some serious flickering issues when livedragging is enabled, but only when the pointer is over the contents of the DividedBox while dragging.  If you grab the BoxDivider and move the pointer off the component while dragging, the flicker goes away.  I have tested this with both my highly customized component and an extremely basic HDividedBox implementation with Group, SkinnableContainer, and BoxContainer children as well as nested groups with clipping.  All types of children exhibit the same behavior.  If someone has a workaround for this I would greatly appreciate some input!!

Thanks a lot, and here's a code snippet that shows my issue.

Aaron

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>

<s:Application xmlns:fx="http://ns.adobe.com/mxml/2009"

xmlns:s="library://ns.adobe.com/flex/spark"

xmlns:mx="library://ns.adobe.com/flex/mx"

minWidth="955" minHeight="600">

<mx:HDividedBox width="500" height="200" liveDragging="true">

<s:SkinnableContainer minWidth="0" backgroundColor="green" percentWidth="100" percentHeight="100"/>

<s:SkinnableContainer minWidth="0" backgroundColor="blue" percentWidth="100" percentHeight="100"/>

<s:SkinnableContainer minWidth="0" backgroundColor="yellow" percentWidth="100" percentHeight="100"/>

<s:SkinnableContainer minWidth="0" backgroundColor="red" percentWidth="100" percentHeight="100"/>

</mx:HDividedBox>

</s:Application>