14 Replies Latest reply on Apr 15, 2011 8:22 AM by Mortimer IOU

Premiere Pro CS5.5 trial version

Todd_Kopriva Level 8

We did it. We got the limitations on the trial version lifted.

improved trial version for Adobe Premiere Pro CS5.5

• 1. Re: Premiere Pro CS5.5 trial version
          Colin Brougham Level 6

'bout time

Of course, half the posts that are usually made here on the forum wondering why this format or that doesn't work won't ever see the light of day. So sad...

• 2. Re: Premiere Pro CS5.5 trial version
            Todd_Kopriva Level 8

> 'bout time

I won't bore you with the details, but I will say that this wasn't easy.

> Of course, half the posts that are usually made here on the forum wondering why this format or that doesn't work won't ever see the light of day. So sad...

Maybe now we can focus a bit more on helping people with interesting editing problems, not "why doesn't this file work?" problems. [*fingers crossed*]

• 3. Re: Premiere Pro CS5.5 trial version
              Colin Brougham Level 6

Ah... I see, you're one of those "glass half full" guys...

More seriously, though: I think this is really an excellent and smart move on Adobe's part. Folks that never would have looked at Premiere twice, or might have previously but were turned off due to the licensing restrictions will now have good reason to look again. Bravo...

• 4. Re: Premiere Pro CS5.5 trial version
                the_wine_snob Level 9

Todd,

Now, the trial users will whine that they ONLY have 30 days to evaluate the program, plus the additional 30 days, with the "money-back guarantee." Just you wait.

I am heartened that this is the case now. I looked, but did not see anything about watermarking Export/Output footage, a la PrE. Did I miss something, or is there no watermarking?

On the PrE side, the watermark has been a big bone of contention. Most trial users expect that they get 100% of the program, only limited by time, and even then, they clamor for 180 days of trial usage. Why not 365, as that is the upgrade schedule?

Thanks for posting, and so glad that Adobe was able to work things out here.

Hunt

• 5. Re: Premiere Pro CS5.5 trial version
                  the_wine_snob Level 9

Maybe now we can focus a bit more on helping people with interesting editing problems, not "why doesn't this file work?" problems.

I, for one, hope that this will be the case. If I never see a complaint on the limitations of the trial versions again, it will not be too soon.

I now X my fingers that the installers are nearly 100%, and also that any/all updates will not revert an installation to trial, though it would be more difficult to know - until the user, who updates, suddenly gets an error "This trial has expired, and your computer will be incinerated on shutdown... "

Let's turn Colin loose to work on aesthetic issues for the users!

Appreciated,

Hunt

• 6. Re: Premiere Pro CS5.5 trial version
                    Todd_Kopriva Level 8

No watermarking.

For Premiere Pro, the trial version has no differences from the full version... except that it stops working after 30 days.

After Effects still has a few limitations regarding some plug-ins, but the codec restrictions are gone there, too.

• 7. Re: Premiere Pro CS5.5 trial version
                      the_wine_snob Level 9

Todd,

Thank you. I was not sure if that was the case, or if I had just missed some fine print somewhere.

Appreciated,

Hunt

• 8. Re: Premiere Pro CS5.5 trial version
                        Curt Wrigley Level 4

WOW.  This is big news.  A Trial that can actually be used with today's media.  It took 4 years; but its finally done.  Hallelluia!

Kuddos to whoever finally got this done.

• 9. Re: Premiere Pro CS5.5 trial version
                          John T Smith Adobe Community Professional & MVP

Since I bought the MC discs, I have never gone to the trial download page, so ignore this if such is already one the page... if not, please see if you can get your web designer to put "something like" this is a box on the page, right next to the download link

You have 30 days to fully test every feature of Premiere Pro CS5.5 - so BEFORE you install and start that 30 day period, organize your work files and make a plan that covers your process... be a movie director with a script for your project, so you know what you want to do before you start. Also be sure your computer is ready before you start - one technical user's notes are at http://forums.adobe.com/thread/810750?tstart=0

Hopefully, John

• 10. Re: Premiere Pro CS5.5 trial version
                            anuraggrwl

CS5.5 trial version now includes all of the codecs that were not previously included in trial versions of the software this means that issues that resulted from the limitations due to codecs will no longer occur but Adobe Encore CS5.1 is not available as a trial. It will be installed as part of the trial for Creative Suite 5.5 Premier Pro family, Production Premium, and Master Collection but will not be available for use until you purchase.

• 11. Re: Premiere Pro CS5.5 trial version
                              info@filmundton.de

So can someone tell us please what's new in Encore 5.1 ? Is there e.g, a professional Blu-Ray support like CMF ?

• 12. Re: Installer failed to initialize...
                                Jon-M-Spear Level 4

...File not found.

I have run the Adobe Suport Advisor, but it cannot identify any issues.  Can anyone please advise, or is it another 3-hour download?

Thanks.

THAT WILL TEACH ME...!

More haste, less speed is the old dictum I failed to heed.

It was only after I downloaded the "CS5.5 Trial"  a second time (7 hours wasted) and tried to install it that I realised what a t**t I have been today.

"Why does it try to install CS5 and display my serial number", I thought.  D-oh!

Now I know.  I didn't read that the trial would be ready in MAY.  I must have downloaded the CS5 trial in my blind haste.

It's no wonder nobody here was offering helpful advice.

Off to the pub.  I've had enough :-(

Message was edited by: J-MS in absolute frustration!

• 13. Re: Premiere Pro CS5.5 trial version
                                  Ann Bens Adobe Community Professional & MVP

This is realy great great news.

• 14. Re: Premiere Pro CS5.5 trial version
                                    Mortimer IOU Level 2

This happy news is a direct result of the many comments that have been posted over the years about the trial version limitations. Whether one calls it constructive criticism, or complaining or whining or whatever, it is a good sign that the these comments are being seen and responded to by the Premiere Pro engineering team. Kudos to the team, and kudos to the persistent "complainers."