2 Replies Latest reply on Nov 15, 2006 2:49 AM by richsky

Server refuse connection message on home page

richsky Level 1
      Hi,

I currently having a connection problem with at least two website (maybe more). I'm having a strange message when I try to modify an home page (defined as home page) file Contribute says (in the yellow notifiy space band) "Contribute could not connect to the server, server is unusable or refuse connection".

I can access and modifiy other pages without any problem.

So it seems it's not the connection...

The page is fine and is issued from the same template. With dreamweaver, checkin checkout, no problem.

Help would be great.

• 1. Re: Server refuse connection message on home page
          Level 7
          richsky wrote:
          > Hi,
          >
          > I currently having a connection problem with at least two website (maybe
          > more). I'm having a strange message when I try to modify an home page (defined
          > as home page) file Contribute says (in the yellow notifiy space band)
          > "Contribute could not connect to the website, server refuse connection".
          >
          > I can access and modifiy other pages without any problem.
          >
          > So it's seem it's not the connection...
          >
          > The page is fine and is issued from the same template.
          >
          > Help would be great.
          >
          >
          >
          >

I guess, it might be some time out issue?? do you have access privileges
          to write to the file? is it a read only file? it has to be a write
          acessible folder/file...

is your home page located under the siteroot of your website?
          • 2. Server refuse connection message on home page
            richsky Level 1
            Hello M. Kunar,

No write permission problem or folder acces restriction. In fact a created a copy of this page, and my user was able to access it and perform changes. I replaced the home page by a copy, and it didn't solve the problem.

I was wondering if the fact that it was changed using DreamWeaver and Contribute on Mac and Pc could be a problem.

It might also be a time out issue, but why on one page and not on the perfect replica.

My user is in Guadeloupe at the moment, it might be the result of a poor connection.

Did you already hear about time out problem with Contribute. It's a particuliarely slow apps isn't it? I guess its partly due to permission, draft, multiple user and copies of files, real time server access, rollback. By the way I turn off notes and rollback version and it didn't improve anything either.

But those error messages are eratic and issues are not constant. I can't figure myself what the problem is.

No error in the page, no connection problem (or partial problem, my user access any other page and perform other tasks on the server without any difficulty).

What can I say, we're doomed.

Thanks for your input.