1 Reply Latest reply on Apr 15, 2011 12:31 PM by Flex harUI

TextFlow into multiple RichEditableText containers keeping container styles

mendozm Level 1

I'm stumped.

Can anyone help me to flow text into multiple RichEditableText contianers with different styles applied to each container?  When I use the following code, it works for flowing text between the containers but it does not adopt the styles of the RichEditableText objects that I attach.

var textFlow:TextFlow;

textFlow = TextConverter.importToFlow("one two three four five six seven eight nine ten eleven twelve thirteen", TextConverter.PLAIN_TEXT_FORMAT);

textFlow.flowComposer.addController(new ContainerController(richTextEditor1, richTextEditor1.width, richTextEditor1.height));

textFlow.flowComposer.addController(new ContainerController(richTextEditor2, richTextEditor2.width, richTextEditor2.height));

textFlow.flowComposer.updateAllControllers();

I have tried to apply styles directly to the ContainerControllers with no success.  I can apply a style to the TextFlow but it uses that style for the all containers where the text is flowing into.

If I attach the textFlow object directly to the textFlow property in the RichEditableText object, it will keep the formatting of the RichEditableText.  But then I can't figure out how to make it flow to the next text box.

I even tried adding the additional controller (attached to the second RichEditableText) to the TextFlow after attaching it to the first RichEditableText object.  No luck.

I hope this is a stupid qustion and there is a simple answer.  Any help is appreciated.

Thank you!

Mike