1 Reply Latest reply on Apr 15, 2011 2:23 PM by Jim_Babbage

Is Fireworks HTML5 compatible?

gergy07 Level 1

Hi, My first ever post here.

I have been making websites in fireworks for a while now, However, Only on macromedia fireworks at school.

Anyway, Most of you already know that HTML5 and CSS3 are becoming mainstream now, And I am trying to make my XHTML4 Fireworks-exported site HTML5 compatible, And it's a nightmare. It just...... Messes up. Can fireworks export slices for dreamweaver CS5 into a table that complies with HTML5 and CSS3 to make the job a little easier?

Thanks in advance,

Gergy.

• 1. Re: Is Fireworks HTML5 compatible?
          Jim_Babbage Level 4

The method you describe is not considered best practices for building web sites. A graphical, table-based layout is not indexable, searchable, accessible or easy to maintain. And, as you have learned, this export also produces a pretty fragile layout. Fine for protoyping, not fine at all for a final web site.

FW is a design tool. Dreamweaver is a web page creation tool. Do your mock ups in FW, slice, optimize and export the necessary graphics, then assemble the page in Dreamweaver using whatever Doctype you prefer (including HTML5) and CSS.

HTH