3 Replies Latest reply on Apr 17, 2011 6:35 PM by richardstevenhack

Gigabyte GA-X58A-UD7 No Longer Available?

richardstevenhack

Great. I spend two days trying to decide what motherboard I should use which would be supported by BlackMagic DeckLink/IntensityPro. Of their short list of supported boards, I decide on a Gigabyte GA-X58A-UD7 which has all the features needed. I get reviews of it, it's a good board, I figure out what memory to use with it.

Then I go to price it at Newegg and TigerDirect.

Out of stock.

I do a search, only a bunch of online shops I've never heard of carry it, and they're low on stock. I don't like buying from no-name online retailers.

So now what do I do?

What Gigabyte board supercedes the UD7 (and is available) and might work with BlackMagic?

Or should I just forget about BlackMagic and use a Matrox MX02 which doesn't have ANY list of supported boards? The client has to have one or the other.

I see the ASUS P6X58D Premium which is supported by BlackMagic is still being sold. Maybe I should switch to that one, has pretty much the same specs as the Gigabyte. Which means back to the drawing board on supported hardware...sigh.

• 1. Re: Gigabyte GA-X58A-UD7 No Longer Available?
          Bill Gehrke Adobe Community Professional & MVP

You might call Eric (one of our fellow forum members) at ADK and ask them since they are a Blackmagic dealer.

1 person found this helpful
          • 2. Re: Gigabyte GA-X58A-UD7 No Longer Available?
            JEShort01 Level 4

I'm pretty familiar with the GA-X58A-UD7, I have one and love it.

As you say, doing a quick check of all of the places I buy parts does indeed to indicate that they are not available any more. I'd guess that that will not change either.

Check out the GA-X58A-UD5 - it is very similar to the UD7 (if compare rev. 2 for both boards) and it's likely that if it has enough "slots" for your needs it would be equally compatible with BlackMagic's hardware.

Regarding what will supercede the UD7, my guess would be nothing really; probably their manufacturing plants are working overtime trying to get B3 (fixed) Sandy Bridge boards due to the Intel P67 SATA port fiasco. Then, they will be working later in the year to supply new boards for yet another chipset! The X58 has been around a LONG time.

Jim

• 3. Re: Gigabyte GA-X58A-UD7 No Longer Available?
              richardstevenhack Level 1

I decided to go with the ASUS P6X58D Premium, which is a pretty nice board, well suited to overclocking, well designed from a heat standpoint, and supported by BlackMagic. I'll list the specs I came up with for my client in another thread for comments.