2 Replies Latest reply on Apr 16, 2011 7:19 PM by Colin Brougham

Possible to find TC in a bin or bins?

Tayedrummer Level 1

I have a nightmare of a scenario where I need to create an EDL from a window burn, luckily it's straight cuts and :30 duration.

I'll have all the original media and can dump it all in a bin but it would make short work out of this chore if I could type a TC in/out somewhere and reveal the clip.  Is this possible?

• 1. Re: Possible to find TC in a bin or bins?
          shooternz Level 6

When all your source clips are in a bin... do a "sort" on the TC Start Column to put them in TC start order

This at least makes it easier.

• 2. Re: Possible to find TC in a bin or bins?
            Colin Brougham Level 6

I'll have all the original media and can dump it all in a bin but it would make short work out of this chore if I could type a TC in/out somewhere and reveal the clip.  Is this possible?

I've had a similar situation to deal with, and here's my workaround...

If the original media has sequential timecode--meaning that the last frame of Clip A is one frame prior to the first frame of Clip B, and so on--sort the clips by start timecode in the bin, and then add them to a sequence. Click the flyout menu button in the Timeline panel (the stack o' pancakes in the upper right corner of that panel) and change the start timecode of the sequence to match the first frame of the first clip. Presuming that your clips have sequential, running timecode, the sequence timecode will now by synchronized to the clips, so you can punch in absolute timecodes and jump to the clip and frame that matches; from there you can use whatever method to get the clips into the final sequence (e.g. match frame).

For that matter, you could actually edit with the sequence as if it were a clip; just load it into the source monitor, punch in your timecodes, mark ins and out, and drop it over the BITC clip.